Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

1969 Z/28 40669 Fuel Pump - Correct Plating

(1/6) > >>

Edgemontvillage:
In the process of engine disassembly I removed the original 40669 crimped style fuel pump from my February 1969 dated DZ motor.  The fuel pump is dated AI or January 1969 and from the inlet threads it appears the crimp on bowl was originally gold cad plated. I am wondering if any original 40669 pumps were plated using silver cad/zinc? I have seen restored and NOS versions with gold or silver cad plated bowls however was silver cad ever used on original 40669 pumps in 1969?

Original 40669 AC Delco fuel pump (with 2 diaphragm weep holes)

Date code: AI or January 1969 - note inconsistent use of fonts in the number 6

Restored original 40669 fuel pumps  - gold cad and silver cad crimped on bowls.

ZLP955:
Lloyd I have an original 40669 with the same January 1969 date code. I can't recall what the finish is, will dig it out and post some pictures within the next day or two.

Edgemontvillage:

--- Quote from: ZLP955 on October 05, 2016, 09:55:55 AM ---Lloyd I have an original 40669 with the same January 1969 date code. I can't recall what the finish is, will dig it out and post some pictures within the next day or two.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Tim, please do, I would also be interested in a photo of the stamp (date code), seems AC Delco used a variety of fonts in their stampings, I have seen no consistency even for 669 pumps produced in the same month (multiple production lines? plants?).

ZLP955:
Lloyd I managed to find some older pictures of the pump saved on my laptop, can still retrieve it from storage if you want to see pictures of any other specific details.
This one seems to have used the same font style for both '6's in 40669, but interestingly the 'AI' has a double strike.

Edgemontvillage:
Thanks Tim, here is another example of a restored 40669 with the same date code and double strike Month (A). Seems the media used during restoration has degraded the stamp. The font used for the "6"s is also the same.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page