Author Topic: Value?  (Read 3638 times)

plainwhitedog

• View Profile
Value?
« on: September 22, 2016, 06:11:11 PM »
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5788681706.html

it had the original 327 but the guy got rid of it and put in a 350. it was was yellow originally now it is burgundy. whats a fair price?

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
Re: Value?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 09:48:00 PM »
Go examine it; if it's not a 'warmed over' rustbucket, or showing signs of past collision damage.. then I'd think it would be worth something close to what is asked...  It DOES need a new top, and probably some other fixes/improvements that can't be seen in the photos. For a driver, I wouldn't worry too much about the engine change or the color change..   I don't think 1st gen Camaros are getting any cheaper...
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

plainwhitedog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 01:22:48 AM »
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 01:34:57 AM by bcmiller »

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 01:35:11 AM »
im also looking at this one. http://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/5789894977.html

Description does not give much information, and I am not sure which car in the pics is the one for sale.  Or if the pic is even of the car for sale.  I would try to find out more, then go inspect it if it sounds reasonable.  Bring someone with you, because it is always good to have another set of eyes looking at things.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 02:41:34 AM »
Looks like you need to decide what you want first.

The ragtop is more car, not too far off on price, nice paint, I don't like the underhood being painted body color, but that's me.
Kurt S
CRG

69 Zee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 05:52:19 AM »
Looks like you need to decide what you want first.
X2,

Whitedog, Don't take this the wrong way, but more of a "Please be careful".  We welcome you and others into the hobby and in the same breath we don't want you to hate the hobby as well.

You're all over the board and have spanned all 3 years of the first gens asking if the price is fair.  There are several variables that will play into ones true value.  Such as originality, options, was it wrecked or rusted away and then re-bodied, are the trim tags fake,  does the VIN and the trim tag align correctly for the production date?  I'm just nipping at a few of the things that can turn a picture perfect beauty queen 1200 miles away on CL into a real wallet cruncher.   Then in return leaving a bad taste for you and the hobby. 

Your going to continue to hear the same words uttered thru out after every pic and price you post here at CRG...."Looks good for the price", "Go check it out", "Seems to high", Beware of this seller"..ect.  But until you know what your looking at your going to be at that the mercy of the seller.

IMO you need to figure out which year you desire the most and learn about it.  This (CRG) is by far the most well educated group and website for that learning.  Have you read all the data given by CRG on the home page ?  If not this should be the first and for most thing you need to read, a great start at understanding what your about to buy.  Do you know where most of the common rust issues were in these first gens?  You need to know this so when you look at one you can decide whether it was fixed properly or not.

And lastly....Stay local or within several hours of a drive at the min.  No sense shopping 1200 miles away and spend lots of money to see a huge disappointment.

Good luck  :)
Darrell
'69 Camaro Z/28: 03B NOR X77 Dusk Blue, white top, all orig, Under construction
'69 Firebird all original 350 all power w/ac
'70 Plymouth Superbird: One owner, Limelight green, 45K miles, all original U code

plainwhitedog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 08:23:27 PM »
too add to the blue camaro delware post. i went to see it and it looked great. the interior was a little messy but everything was there. its also all orignial the paint and the interior. it was also a factory v8 and had factory ac. the cowl tag and the vin matched up showing some very interesting things.heres a picture if yall could give me any more insight that would be awesome. https://flic.kr/p/Lz79EY

anything