Author Topic: plz help!!!!!  (Read 4912 times)

plainwhitedog

• View Profile
plz help!!!!!
« on: September 15, 2016, 11:59:31 PM »

plainwhitedog

• View Profile
Re: plz help!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 12:45:49 AM »
the a/c and heater were removed, also i dont know if it matters but the shifter is on the steering column and not on the floor.

69 Zee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 01:14:36 PM »
THIS IS STRICTLY IMOH... for starters, your most likely gonna lose a ton of $$.  Most anything from these type of sellers tend to hype up a car and the buyers are mostly the newbies that jump into wanting a classic of sort,  and that can equal a big score for them.

Next... what direction are you wanting to go in?  A stock look or a Frankenstein look such as this one?

Right away you can see that shoddy work was already done just installing the emblems.  The "350" fender emblems are positioned wrong next to markers and the "Camaro" fender emblem is slanted (driver side, first pic)... so that at a quick glance has already scared me away, as well as the heater and a/c removed... just saying.

But if your close and you can view in person then do so.  If not I'd not buy anything site unseen..again, just me
Darrell
'69 Camaro Z/28: 03B NOR X77 Dusk Blue, white top, all orig, Under construction
'69 Firebird all original 350 all power w/ac
'70 Plymouth Superbird: One owner, Limelight green, 45K miles, all original U code

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »
To quote Loretta Lynn, it looks like a "Coal Miner's daughter", 'cause it came from "Butcher Holl'er"!

To each his own. If you just want a "cruiser" , then this may fit the bill. It is the kind of car that if I saw it at a show, I would keep walking and not stop to look. It doesn't interest me, but it may interest you and that is the point. It would have a narrow market for purchase. It reeks of "customization" which is very subjective to who it appeals to. 1st Gen. Camaro wise, original (including well, accurate, restored) cars and nostalgic race cars with provenance tend to hold their value and set the bar that the rest of the wannabes could only wish to obtain. When it comes to cars, they are like coin collecting, in that condition and rarity always hold their value and appreciate. Other coins of the same type benefit in elevated pricing, but do not hold value or appreciate at anywhere near the rate of rare and desirable coins.
Personally, I would run, and run fast away from a car like this. Only IMO.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

plainwhitedog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »
thanks for the advice, what would ya'll suggest be a fair price for it?1

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »
I will echo the words of 69Zee ..  ie. Be VERY CAREFUL buying any car from this, or similar, dealers...

Their prices are ALWAYS elevated, and the quality of the car is generally not as good (especially given the prices they ask)...

Definitely do not consider buying this or another of their cars without visiting in person, putting the car on a rack, taking it to an expert to assess quality/value, etc..  then if all that checks out to your satisfaction and you still want that car, then plan a LONG Negotiation to get anywhere close to a good value for the car.

note: For a driver, the use of an automatic overdrive trans is a good 'mod', but... just do your homework and look lots of places and lots of cars before you buy..  ie. don't be distracted by a droptop and pretty yellow paintjob (especially one in a photo).

If you are getting the idea that such dealers are the WORST place to buy a car, then you'd be right on the moneY!
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »
I would offer about 10 less if you want something to just cruise in. But if you cannot get to Florida to see it I would pass. Don,t forget about taxes and shipping if needed. I don,t care for dealers either. You would think they knew what SS stripes were before advertising them.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 04:04:52 PM »
VIN: 124679L505913

Paul

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 06:07:11 PM »
thanks for the advice, what would ya'll suggest be a fair price for it?1

I would say 15k, and assume you will have to redo any work the dealer did. I also would recommend to stay away from the dealers, because they jack up the price just for adding stripes.
Weather a dealer or private sale, bring a knowledgable Camaro guy, or paint and body guy, or both in person to look the car over for you prior to purchase.
Many people overpay and the car under delivers, and then when they go to re sell it get less, sometimes way less than they paid.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

plainwhitedog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 09:36:36 PM »
thank yall so much for the input. i decided to pass on it because of what yall said. if anyone knows a good camaro for sale id be more then interested in buying, my email is on here just send me an email. thanks again guys i really appreciate it.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 09:40:07 PM »
I don't know where you live, but your purchase cost will be much lower if you find one *local*, to avoid 'check out trips', and transportation if you purchase.

If you are in the *salt/snow belt*, then I'd suggest you look/concentrate on the south central, south west, or western areas of the country to find more 'solid' cars...

Don't get in a hurry; check out as many cars as you can in person... you'll *learn* with each one you investigate... and at some point, you'll be ready to buy..

Good luck!
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 10:28:08 PM »
I don't know where you live, but your purchase cost will be much lower if you find one *local*, to avoid 'check out trips', and transportation if you purchase.

If you are in the *salt/snow belt*, then I'd suggest you look/concentrate on the south central, south west, or western areas of the country to find more 'solid' cars...

Don't get in a hurry; check out as many cars as you can in person... you'll *learn* with each one you investigate... and at some point, you'll be ready to buy..

Good luck!
X2, be patient and get educated in the mean while.
You could learn a lot just by reading the research topics and threads on here..."knowledge is power" bro... ;)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 11:42:40 PM »

Good luck!
X2, be patient and get educated in the mean while.
You could learn a lot just by reading the research topics and threads on here..."knowledge is power" bro... ;)
This is key, i.e. "be patient and get educated in the mean time."
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584