Author Topic: Charlotte here we come  (Read 6554 times)

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte here we come
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 08:43:23 PM »
Well... Half the inside layout is different; namely, the Blue Field. The rows are now more curved to work around the road course. The Orange Field has stayed pretty much the same.
I monitored the Blue Field Wednesday through Friday, and we actually had fewer questions from vendors than last year. In truth, nobody likes change, including me! It takes three or four years to work through big changes at an event as large as Charlotte.
What has me more concerned is the gradual drop off in the number of good cars in the car corral, including Camaros. Several of the better restorers in this area have moved away from buying, restoring and selling to restoring for owners. Good, restorable cars are getting harder to find.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

ds1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 01:38:24 PM »
To me a large part of the problem is prices.  I took 2 4 speeds and set them out for 850.  Both clean and ready to go.   I had the side covers off nothing to hide.    No interest.    Fall has not been good for me in over 6 years.  Dad heard a guy say that in coming 8 years,  he did not know anything was outside the track.    I  heard the Red field is gone in the spring.    That will help tighten up the Green field.    I am only making MY comments not as complaining,  but to help make things better.    I love coming down.   And this year's events didn't stop us old northerners

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 08:33:02 PM »
ds1,
Red Field will still be around next spring. The Speedway has put Red and Orange Field projects on back burner.
I agree that more interest needs to be stirred up for Green and Red Fields in the spring. The Speedway does run a tram to the outside, but more needs to be done to draw buyers outside.
If and when you call to reserve spaces, tell the ladies in the office more needs to be done outside.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

anything