Author Topic: 67 Camaro Dash and tail lights tied to ignition switch and power  (Read 2832 times)

CamarokidRSSS

• View Profile
This is one I have never seen, on a recent purchased 67 Camaro, when  I turn the ignition  on the dash lights and tail lights come on, or when I turn the parking lights on its as if I turned the ignition to the on position....any ideas ?

ds1

• View Profile
Re: 67 Camaro Dash and tail lights tied to ignition switch and power
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »
Sounds like an issue in the fuse box area.  Power comes in through the fuse box and splits to the key and a big red wire powering the headlights

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:18:13 PM »
Might be a 68 replacement light switch, (or if you have a painless wiring harness) there are a couple of terminals that were swapped going from 67 to 68 and it causes issues like this.  67's front parking lights go off when the headlights are on and they don't have side markers,  67 parking lights were only on when the switch was in the parking light position,  while the 68's did have parking lights came on in both the parking light and headlight positions.  There is also a difference in the 67 and 68 ignition switches that can lead to similar issues.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

CamarokidRSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 04:20:33 PM »
Great suggestions. The car is very stock and original except wheels and radio, even has original oil filter canister and spare. Doesn't appear to be messed with at the fuse box. I verified parking lights go out when headlights are on just as it should. I guess need to trace wires from the fuse block to see if something is amiss, the only thing under the dash not normal is the wiring for the aftermarket radio.

anything