Author Topic: Could use some advice on springs  (Read 7103 times)

David B

• View Profile
Re: Could use some advice on springs
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 07:51:57 PM »
Also, I thought I'd share one more picture.

The car was originally sold in Massachusetts.  Two years later, it was traded in to the same dealer.  The second owner had the car into the 2000s.  I believe the third owner repainted it and had the engine rebuilt.  I'm number 4.

I have a fair bit of documentation from the second owner and know he was an attorney who lived in Illinios.  There are several Cornell University stickers on the car and when I looked up to Cornell, they do in fact have a law school.  My hunch is he bought the car as a young man when he was going to law school at Cornell and, after graduating, moved to Illinois where he kept the car for many decades.  I believe he passed away right around the time he sold the car.  He must have really loved it because it's been well cared for and I don't think it's ever been outside of a garage.  Kinda cool to find out a bit about the previous owner and the car's history. 

I keep the original filed away in a safe place but I made a copy of the original invoice and laminated it for display on cruise nights and such. 

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »
Great car..  May I ask for a few items of data from the car if you dont mind.?.  Could you get a pic of the fuel line as it comes up the subframe and up to the fuel pump?  Also could you get a pic of the trim tag, radiator codes and the air cleaner.  Here are some of the links for the reason for the info.  This is assuming everything is still original to the car and not replaced with aftermarket items.  Thanks, Darrell

Radiator Info Thread

Fuel Line Thread

Air Cleaner Thread

David B

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 09:13:13 PM »
No problem.  Would you like the pics posted in this thread or is there some place else that would be better?

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 09:59:30 PM »
You can just email them to me if you'd like.

cook_dw@hotmail.com

anything