Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

late 69 cowl air cleaner details

(1/2) > >>

john302:
Looking for info on a late 09c cowl induction air cleaner. The late 69 cowl air cleaner is ribbed on the bottom and there are a few details in the snorkle and breather tube that is different from a later service replacement. Does anyone have any pics of the tube and the snorkle of a true late original 69 air cleaner?The 69 orange survivor z that Chick knows has the air cleaner I need pics of.Anyone?thanks alot John

69Z28-RS:
My late 09C original cowl induction air cleaner has a FLAT bottom... not a ribbed bottom.  I believe the OTC parts had the ribbed bottoms, as for the '70 Chevelles.   I suppose it's possible that for a period in late '69, they may have had a 'mix' of the (flat bottom) '69 and (ribbed) '70 parts in the assembly line mix...?

68camaroz28:

--- Quote from: 69Z28-RS on August 21, 2016, 03:12:18 AM ---My late 09C original cowl induction air cleaner has a FLAT bottom... not a ribbed bottom.  I believe the OTC parts had the ribbed bottoms, as for the '70 Chevelles.   I suppose it's possible that for a period in late '69, they may have had a 'mix' of the (flat bottom) '69 and (ribbed) '70 parts in the assembly line mix...?

--- End quote ---
It's not suppose it's possible, they did Gary!  Steve Shauger could confirm as he and the vintage team reviewed that car.
John, between getting our 68Z completed, and other commitments I did forget and not place your request high but Skip and I are getting together this week for Corvette Carlisle and hopefully I can check that out and post a couple pictures.

john302:
Sounds really good Chick. Keep me posted.Remember to get some pics of the two snorkel halfs.They have little notches cut out of them. thanks John

68camaroz28:

--- Quote from: john302 on August 21, 2016, 09:29:30 PM ---Sounds really good Chick. Keep me posted.Remember to get some pics of the two snorkel halfs.They have little notches cut out of them. thanks John

--- End quote ---
Late 09D cowl induction original air cleaner.

[/URL
[URL=http://s192.photobucket.com/user/1-2-b-67L89/media/69z28/Skips%2069Z%20round2/DSC_1144_zpsvuwlbgtp.jpg.html]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page