Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

1972 Road America Trans Am

<< < (2/3) > >>

69Z28-RS:
Uh oh...  Now the 'silver vs lavender' discussion has shown up in the Trans Am threads..   :)

Z28Project:

--- Quote from: billgodwin on July 26, 2016, 03:27:12 PM ---Wow awesome shot! Yes #23 is Duane Winkel's car in it's lavender color scheme. Love the family nearby and the early EZUP. Duane was sponsored by a body shop at the time and the paint job was part of the sponsorship.

I met with Duane last month for the very first time. We spent four hours together talking about "back in the day". He filled me in on the history of the car and how he got started in racing. One of his comments will stick with me forever. He said "how could such an insignificant car be so significant!".

Bill Godwin
current caretaker of #23

--- End quote ---

That's great that you were able to actually meet and talk to him.....happy to hear that not only the car is still around, but so is he!

Any current pictures of 23 available??  I am assuming it is no longer lavender? :)

Thanks,  John

oldtransamdriver:
Hello Bill.  Of course I should have remembered who the current owner/racer of Duane's car is. I have met you a few times
at the HTA races - must be 'sometimers' !

My greetings to Duane also if you talk to him.

Robert

billgodwin:
John-Thanks for sharing those photos. Check out the Historic Trans Am web site at: http://www.historictransam.com/index.html. You will find the Duane Winkel car, in it's original Fathom Blue/white stripe paint scheme, and all the others that are still running. Go to the event photos tab. We have a awesome photographer! And if you're anywhere near the west coast come to Monterey in August for the Reunion. It's the biggest vintage car extravaganza on the planet. Is there anyway I can get that photo from you? I'd like to keep it with the history of the car.

Robert-Duane is still kicking! He was as excited to meet me as I was to meet him. He had lots of great stories. Will you at Monterey? If so stop by.

Bill Godwin

Z28Project:
Thanks for the link to the car Bill.  23 certainly looks a lot different now, but I don't know how much of its life it spent in lavender.

You know you can copy the picture above and save it to your files,  or are you wanting the actual photograph?

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page