Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

CARTER CARB 7029202 DH

<< < (2/2)

ko-lek-tor:

--- Quote from: opelitis1 on July 27, 2016, 11:07:23 AM ---What is the difference between  units 7029202 DH  and  29202 DH other than the obvious "70"?   I have a 29202 DH  098 9  with an encircled number on the rear of the main body reading 7037931 ..
Thanks in advance.
Ted

--- End quote ---
First, is your carburetor a Rochester? The OP specifically asked about Carter carbs.
From this site, "Not all Rochester carburetors have the "standard" seven-digit identification code. Although uncommon, original carburetors have been observed with the first two numbers ("70") omitted. In addition, Rochester carburetors manufactured at the Bay City, Michigan plant can be identified by the "Bay City" wording inside the Chevrolet bow-tie emblem cast into the carburetor body. Also note that many of the small parts on a Rochester Quadrajet have the "RP" (Rochester Products) logo stamped on them. The Carter-built Quadrajet carburetors won't have these stampings."(http://www.camaros.org/carb.shtml#id)
Don't know about the other number? Perhaps a picture would help?

bertfam:
7037931 is the casting number for the main body.

Ed

opelitis1:
Yup, I'll take a couple of pics of the 29202 DH unit.  It might take a bit of time but I'll do it.
Also have a 29251 RJ xxxx which is minus the "70" .. To me it looks like something happened between say March 69 and May 69 in which carbs were
made w/o the attending "70" numerics?? 
Seems odd I have 2 of these carbs with the usual "70" missing.
Again, give me some time and I get some pics of the both beasties.
Ted

opelitis1:
The 2 carbs I have are Rochesters -   29202 and 29251   >  NOT Carter carbs..
Ted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page