Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

DId a 69 Z use the capacitor on the coil?

(1/4) > >>

BillOhio:
I copied this from a post Danny made. John left this reply. I am pretty sure i had seen them with the capacitor but i didnt find it in the AIM. Thanks!
coil bracket with the "notch" is not unique to the Z/28; originals don't have the notch, although the eBay sellers want you to believe they did, so they can claim they're "rare". The one in the photo is clearly from another application, as it has the screw to attach the radio noise suppresson capacitor, which was never used on a '69 Camaro.

ZLP955:
Bill I don't have access to my '69 AIM right now, but I was under the impression the capacitor was shown in UPC U63. Perhaps I'm thinking of the capacitor on the voltage reg?

cook_dw:
The way I interrupt the AIM on this is that the U63 and U69 are combined and there are callouts for the U69 option.  Look at the whole AIM page including the title block.  This may help answer your question.  BTW no capacitor on the coil bracket.

BillOhio:
My bracket shows no sign of anything being attached to it, no threads in hole. Here is a picture from the Dusk blue car 69 Zee.

cook_dw:
I guess you could say never say never.  Still need to investigate more.  Could it have been added at some point early in its life.?.  Maybe. Is there a way to know 100% probably not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page