Author Topic: My Pure Speed Racing Experience  (Read 2410 times)

dale_z28

• View Profile
My Pure Speed Racing Experience
« on: August 09, 2016, 04:30:42 PM »
WOW! I'm pumped to tell you guys about the anniversary gift from my wife! Some of you may remember my post where I took her to a Richard Petty Driving Experience in Sparta Ky for a birthday surprise, and she loved it. Well, she outdid me and sent me to Indianapolis Raceway Park (now Lucas Oil Raceway) for Doug Foleys racing program. I got 3 passes (330 feet, 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile) reaching 126+ @10.15.

I've never been on a dragstrip, altho I attended a couple U.S. National's and went to Bunker Hill (Indiana) a few times for 1/8 mile drags. I loved Pure Speed, and I highly recommend it. I purchased the video package where my runs were recorded from a dash-mounted camera along with a second camera facing down the track. It plays back as a picture-in-picture with a superimposed speedometer (standard gauges in the cockpit but no speedo). To the guys that own and race cars, I envy you!

If you're interested, check out purespeedracing.com. I'm looking forward to going back next year, only this time with my 2 sons and my brother!
'69 X33 02D   Since 11-29-'77

Details are trifles, but trifles make perfection. And perfection is no trifle.
~Ben Franklin