Author Topic: Silver 69 Z28  (Read 64442 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Silver 69 Z28
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2016, 03:23:12 PM »
I understand what both of you are getting at. I agree in this instance you have to kinda work with what was the standard practice. Thank you Steve for pointing out the cars you have seen them on, and the time frames. Also the pics are great of those cars, you are a wealth of info with the pics to back it up.
I get the Vette joke. I have never attended the Corvette Church of manors, nor read through "the bible" of NCRS restoration guide lines, but I have met Corvette guys (and been looked down upon from them  ..lol), and they can be group that is fun to observe from afar. Gary your story of 20 of you guys looking over the technicians shoulder is a great visual of this. (no offense)  ;D

OK, back to Steves great car!
I assume since the radio, was mentioned as a dealer install, they would have had to drill the fender, wire up the speaker, and install the deck. I also assume the original owner brought the vehicle back for the motor bracket and cable, for the recall. Just curious since I have a large stack of my own invoices, if the original owner made continual visits to the dealership on a regular basis to see the car stayed in tip top shape or if it sat parked for a long duration of time? It seems that most of these original cars fall into one of these categories.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2016, 03:43:33 PM »
Gary your story of 20 of you guys looking over the technicians shoulder is a great visual of this. (no offense)  ;D

I see it daily in engineering management.. :o  Ok now Im seriously done..  It was setup too perfect for me not to take a swing at it.. 8)

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2016, 09:06:29 PM »
I think Austin asked the mileage question. This is what I can confirm:
The last inspection was 1991 and insp sticker notes 32,015 miles
12/27/08 The car was looked at for purchase and the odometer read 32,295
The car today has 33,086 most of which was put on by Sal N,. the second owner.

Here are a few more detail pics. The picture with the three gentlemen is the pre-purchase inspection on 12/27/08. The orig owner is center and his son is on the right. The person to the left is a friend of Sal's (the purchaser) friend who inspected the car.

Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2016, 09:11:00 PM »
Here are two underbody shots post undercoating removal.
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2016, 09:24:32 PM »
Whos the other 2 and what are they discussing..  Looks like one is saying (guy on the left) "Now Jimmy, I beat you by 2 cars last time we raced..  What makes you think this time is gonna be any different..??..."  (guy on right) Hell Bobby, Ive got my fur-fiddy-fur tuned up and Im gonna bust dat azz....!!!..  Guy in the middle "Shit neither one of ya could out run the silver bullet.."

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2016, 10:07:01 PM »
Whos the other 2 and what are they discussing..  Looks like one is saying (guy on the left) "Now Jimmy, I beat you by 2 cars last time we raced..  What makes you think this time is gonna be any different..??..."  (guy on right) Hell Bobby, Ive got my fur-fiddy-fur tuned up and Im gonna bust dat azz....!!!..  Guy in the middle "Shit neither one of ya could out run the silver bullet.."

LOL! ;D

Paul

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2016, 11:09:09 PM »

Cook, your night job must be as a court stenographer..... :o  ...........for the tv show "divorce court". (Stick with wrenching buddy ;D )

Good info Steve. How long had you been aware of the car?

1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2016, 11:10:12 PM »
Love the silver overspray on the pans...
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2016, 03:38:08 AM »

Cook, your night job must be as a court stenographer..... :o  ...........for the tv show "divorce court". (Stick with wrenching buddy ;D )

Good info Steve. How long had you been aware of the car?

Sal,  the second owner contacted me in 2009.
Steve Shauger

dale_z28

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2016, 02:41:01 PM »
Steve, your last picture of the three - a few posts above - the left front corner of the gas tank appears to have a "dimple". Is this a tank drain? My car is also a 2D and my tank, to the best of my knowledge, is original (I bought my car with 57k in '77, no reason to suspect it's replacement). It has this drain, which I am very curious about.
'69 X33 02D   Since 11-29-'77

Details are trifles, but trifles make perfection. And perfection is no trifle.
~Ben Franklin

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2016, 04:15:39 PM »
Steve, your last picture of the three - a few posts above - the left front corner of the gas tank appears to have a "dimple". Is this a tank drain? My car is also a 2D and my tank, to the best of my knowledge, is original (I bought my car with 57k in '77, no reason to suspect it's replacement). It has this drain, which I am very curious about.

That is just a dent. I haven't verified the tank date. I suggest that you verify the tank date. The drain may have been added at some point, but not from the factory.
Steve Shauger

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2016, 12:30:57 AM »
I can't get enough of these survivor cars! Thanks Steve. Beautiful car.
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2016, 03:07:35 AM »
 I take it that exhaust is a replacement and possibly a Gardner?

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

6667ss138

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2016, 03:12:32 AM »
I can't get enough of these survivor cars! Thanks Steve. Beautiful car.

Same here. Thoroughly enjoy them!

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2016, 03:15:19 AM »
I take it that exhaust is a replacement and possibly a Gardner?

Mike

Yes it's a Gardner exhaust. The exhaust that was on the car was a worn out replacement walker system.
Steve Shauger