Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4658 times)

supv26

• 1969 Camaro
    • View Profile
    • My 1969 Camaro
Hello
« on: December 30, 2006, 04:23:16 PM »
Hello to all! It's been a while since I have visited here and I see the discussion forum has changed. I'll keep this one book marked and keep an eye on the discussions
 ;D

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 04:25:55 AM »
You can't post a picture of a beauty like that without including some specifics!!

Is it yours? What engine's in it? Can I have it? Etc...

Give us the low down!

Ed

supv26

• 1969 Camaro
    • View Profile
    • My 1969 Camaro
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 05:01:47 AM »
Yes it definitely is my car and has been for a few years now. I found this on ebay and it was in the same state where I live. It was about 3 hours away so I had a chance to go look at it before the auction was over. This is a 1969 X44 model Camaro with a 305 small block engine equipped with an Edelbrock 600CFM 4 barrel carb with the "Stage 2" kit installed. The motor also has roller rockers, crane cam, and a double roller timing chain/gear. It has headers with 3 inch reduced to 2 1/2 into Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers. Factory 'numbers matching' 3 speed in the floor transmission with 308 non-posi rear end.

When I found the car I checked all the usual places for rust and didn't find any. The odometer showed 44,000 miles but I have now way to authenticate it. It originally had a 307 engine and like an idiot I didn't take the motor when I bought the car. The guy took the original engine out and had this little 305 built at a speed shop so his wife could drive this car to cruise in's and shows. It's a very nice driver and the high gears make for a great ride when going to shows.

The paint that was on the car was ok and I won a lot of trophies with it but one morning on my way to a show a deer decided that it was time I got a new paint job. A deer ran into the right side of my car and put some wrinkles in it. After fighting with the insurance and 6 months later it had a heck of a lot better paint job. I won a few more trophies with it too. When I got the car it had a hunter green and then I put a little lighter shade of green on it. IT is just a tad darker than Rally Green. The car was originally Frost Green with the dark green interior. Oh, BTW, the back seat, head liner, sail panels are still original. The front seat covers and carpet are new.

Last summer I didn't get it out much due to the fact I bought a motorcycle so the Camaro stayed in the garage most of the summer. The battery shot craps on me so now it needs a new one. I have a heated and cooled garage and it has it's own stable so nothing will get around it. Here are a few more pics from when  I got it to now. Check out the first page and then check out the second page.

http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/dgguns/page8.html

http://www.fidnet.com/~m26/1969camaro1.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 05:14:14 AM by supv26 »

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 06:50:42 PM »
Nice. A very clean car.

Any way to contact the guy you got it from to see if he still has the original engine? It would be a good idea to get it if possible. Camaro's are worth more if they have the "born with" components. Even if they're not installed.

By the way, "Miss Rolla"? I'm assuming that's the name of a town, but where is it?

Ed

supv26

• 1969 Camaro
    • View Profile
    • My 1969 Camaro
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 07:04:39 PM »
2 years after I bought the car I tried finding the guy again to get the motor. No dice!!! He was impossible to find but his wife told me he had sold it for junk. Yes, I know, I am standing here waiting for some one to come kick my a$$ up between my shoulder blades! I was stupid for not getting it in the first place.

Miss Rolla is from Rolla, MO. This is a small college town on I-44 half way between Springfield, MO and St. Louis, MO. I work in Rolla. This picture was taken in St. James MO at a cruise in 2 years ago.