Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

V32 Rear Guards on 69 models

<< < (2/4) > >>

BULLITT65:

--- Quote from: ban617 on May 19, 2016, 03:46:57 AM ---Weren't the tail panels on the SS cars painted black ? But we're the bumpers installed before the tail panel was blacked out or just maybe a car lot did it ..

--- End quote ---
Hey Ban do you have an SS car? There is some good info on the rear panel paint:
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=62078&page=all
and this thread:http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=7348.15
So why would you think that the 69 BB cars rear panel were painted at the dealer? On top of that -with the bumpers on???

We like contributions from all members here in the CRG, most of which is based on experience or knowledge, I would just like to hear where you got this info from.

thanks buddy  :)

ban617:
No, mine is just a Z/28

X33RS:
I have a set with paint on them like that and often wondered what that was about.  You're talking about the small piece that sticks out the bottom where the bolt goes through.
  I always thought it might be some kind of attempt by GM to hide it, but thought it was strange myself because it would only look right on a black car (I think)  Any other color and I would think those black sections would be noticeable.    So I didn't know if it was a factory deal or not, and never investigated.

X33RS:
Haha, I log in and now I see your pics.   Yep, I have a set like that in a box.  The set on my Z doesn't have any remnants of paint that I can see though.  If it did it's worn off for sure.

Spooky:
I have a set of rusty originals and they have the same black paint on them. I don't think it was a SS blacked out panel thing. Mine came off a Z28. Also Blacked out rear panels didn't extend below the rear bumper that far. Probably just a GM thing to hide the bracket part to not distract from the bumper guard itself.

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page