Author Topic: 69 camaro has a factory electronic ignition sticker on the heater box  (Read 4174 times)

Brillschevy

• View Profile
I have never seen another one like it, its a x-11 car

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Glad you joined the site! Welcome!  :D How about telling us about what you have and the back story on how you acquired your car and how long you have owned it? 8) This post you made, if you were on the recipient's (other readers on here) end, would make little sense. It is a statement, not a question. And, without a picture to accompany this statement, there is little to comment about what you observe on your car. So, I am sure you and all of us want to learn about this 'sticker',  so help us out or don't be surprised if the only reply is this one ;). Posting pics is a little tricky at first. Make sure the pic is not more than the number of pixels the site's bandwidth will handle. It will 'kick out' the post if it is. In the search box, you can do a search on picture posting guidelines and there is a whole section devoted to this question, I believe? :P

Moderators may want  to move this, unless your only intent, Brills.., was to see your name in print? It appears by the question mark on your subject line, you are trying to get some information?
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

Brillschevy

• View Profile
thank you,  Im looking for more info on this. when I get off work ill try to load a picture up. but ive owned the car for over 24 years,  its all original down to the rear brake pads haha.  its a true rs/ss matching numbers 4-speed car. I cant find anything online about this sticker, and the only thing they have about (electronic ignition on Camaros)  is that TI or transistor ignition came only factory on zl1 cars. when I get home ill try and upload the pic on here.

Brillschevy

• View Profile
But anyways, its the only one ive ever seen and just wanna know if anybody has any info on this

Brillschevy

• View Profile
Here it is

bertfam

• View Profile
That sticker came from an aftermarket system. Back in the early to mid 1970's I purchased an electronic ignition conversion kit from J.C. Whitney for a 57 Chevy I had (I don't remember the manufacturer, but it wasn't a "brand name"), and it came with that same sticker and a small (3x5 ?) operators manual which consisted of the install instructions and a troubleshooting guide. If I remember correctly, it was all of 3 or 4 pages! Not much to it.

It's not a GM piece though.

Ed

Brillschevy

• View Profile
Okay thanks man, it had me going crazy trying to find somethkng on it haha

bertfam

• View Profile
And if I recall, that "off brand" kit I got lasted all of 6 months and then crapped out! I got another one (same one) and it too crapped out after another few months, so I finally bit the bullet and got a "name brand" kit. I seem to remember it was a Crane or maybe a Mallory, but I could be wrong. I've purchased SO MANY aftermarket parts over the last 50 years that some of them start to run together!

I'm assuming you probably don't have the kit in the distributor?

Ed

Brillschevy

• View Profile
Haha nah i put new ones in it a long time ago, runs good now, it didnt run then.

anything