Author Topic: Forum Picture / Thumbnail Image  (Read 12866 times)

Adz28

• View Profile
Forum Picture / Thumbnail Image
« on: April 24, 2006, 05:59:06 PM »
Some members have posted a profile picture that shows up on the forum all jagged, squashed and/or out of proportion (even though the original was fine). This is because the forum software shrinks the original to make it fit into the small thumbnail size. This can be fixed by cropping / shrinking the image to the correct size before you upload. The width needs to be 65 pixels, and the height needs to be 65 pixels or less.

If anyone would like me to do it, shoot me off a digital picture, and I will send it back sized correctly: Adz28@wwwebtek.com

Regards,
Adam

69OlympicGoldSS

• View Profile
Re: Forum Picture / Thumbnail Image
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 11:38:48 AM »
I have tried a numbe rof times and still can't get the photo to attach.  I resized it down to a "thumbnail".  When changing the profile do you just add the pictures and then click change profile or am I missing a step here?
See the USA, in your Chevrolet.

Adz28

• View Profile
Re: Forum Picture / Thumbnail Image
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 03:08:43 PM »
Hi... Once logged in, the path would be to click "Profile" on the top navigation bar. On the left navigation menu, click "Forum Profile Information". Select "I will upload my own picture". Click "Browse" and look for the correctly sized thumbnail image to upload. Then click "Change Profile" on the bottom.

It is important to knock down the image size to the correct (small) file size so the forum will upload the picture. Large pictures are restricted. You can also host your images on a personal web server. Note that the forum administrator may choose to block uploading at some point, and these instructions may not work. If that is the case, then profile images will have to be hosted on a third party web server.