Author Topic: Want to help guess the options that were on my car?  (Read 9609 times)

68 Ragtop

• View Profile
Re: Want to help guess the options that were on my car?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 06:47:14 PM »
Hello all, I have owned my 69 for over 27 years. Last year I got a NCRS report on it. I tracked down the dealers son and he said he had the invoice for my car. Here is the Kicker.... he wants $2000 for it. NO way no how I would pay that. It is a non numbers matching car so it would not increase the value of my car. He did tell me the price on the bottom though.... I thought it would be neat to try to figure it out. I have not come up with the combo that would get me there. ( i don't know what the price changes were and when. So anybody want to give it a shot? Would there be any clues to look for for other options?

Here is what I do know:
69 x22 396/325 with a 4 speed. (trans unknown assuming a m20)
 12 bolt 3:31's posi,
Rally sport,
 small steering arms, power steering,
 disc brakes,
 std interior with wood grain on drivers side,
no tach, no ZL2, no air, crank windows
tinted glass,
aftermarket antenna so no way to know what radio I'm guessing.
It does have the heater box duct for a console but it was not in the car.

The price was $3955.35

Any guesses would be awesome!!!! I will send you a hand crafted wooden bottle opener (or 3) if you can figure out the combo

Scott

Mods if this is the wrong place please move it. Thank you!!!!

Since there were several price changes over the year, the production date is needed before any option combo can be tested to come up with the final price of $3955.35.

camaroboy68ss

• 1968 L30/M20
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 06:48:11 PM »
On the bright side, at least you know (somewhat) the paperwork does still exist and is there is you decide to really try and deal with the guy. I haven't been able to get anywhere in the search for my 68's paperwork and I would really like to have it. The only lead I have is on the NCRS dealer database with a result claiming complete invoices, but zero way of getting in contact with said person. 
Young gun with a Camaro or 2.
1968 Camaro RS L30/M20, 2017 Camaro SS
1968 Chevy C10 - Twin to the Camaro
1933 Ford Pickup - "Camaro in disguise"

Spooky

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 09:33:08 PM »
Guys, Sorry for stirring the emotional pot here, it was not my intention. I kinda thought this topic would be a cool brain teaser/ fun puzzle kind of game that keeps our minds working. It still amazes me on what small details you guys pick up on from a few pictures on a ebay ad or craigslist posting.

The dealer thing was discussed on the yenko site a year ago here: http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/610351/worth-it-or-just-plain-robbery#Post610351

I have moved on and do not loose any sleep on not having the paperwork. I may try to get in contact in a little while but not in the near future.

I spent the money on better stuff than a piece of paper (ZL1 block) for my big block NOM Camaro. Yes, it started life as a L35  ::) but it is just as cool to ME as any L34, L89, L78, Z28, Z11! I love them ALL, and love the discussion of them. Never worry about offending me I have thick skin ;D and a big heart (don't tell my wife)

My car was built 2/13/ 69   02B
51- 51
727 Int.
x22

Scott

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 11:05:19 PM »
I spent the money on better stuff than a piece of paper (ZL1 block) for my big block NOM Camaro.  ;D and a big heart (don't tell my wife)

My car was built 2/13/ 69   02B
51- 51
727 Int.
x22

Scott
Two things: 1) ZL1= way cool factor...a WOW and then a hush as the hood is opened! 2) "a big heart" and a super guy...I can attest to this! The guy is top shelf, IMO. Spooky, aka Scott, sent me a part and a kind note, Gratis! when it was discovered that several of my car's parts came up missing after it's body shop/transporting stint. Parts coming up missing stinks and costly :'( :-[   >:(Car buddies on the CRG and sYc=PRICELESS!! :P
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 07:56:10 PM »
Does it have:

Special interior group – grab handle on dash
Vinyl top
Rear defroster
Spoilers
Sport-styled steering wheel
Clock
Stereo speakers
Front/rear bumper guards
Special front bumper
Rally wheels
Deluxe seat belts

Probably no way to know if it had floor mats, door edge guards, HD battery, optional tires. What city & state was it sold in?
Learning more and more about less and less...

Spooky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 08:27:14 PM »

Special interior group – grab handle on dash     YES
Vinyl top                               No coded 51-51
Rear defroster                       No
Spoilers                                Had a short rear spoiler when I bought the car in 1988 02B car so maybe
Sport-styled steering wheel     had a 68 wheel on it so no idea
Clock                                    no
Stereo speakers                    Front only
Front/rear bumper guards      Just std rear
Special front bumper              No
Rally wheels                           I think it did, it has the trunk spare mount location at the closest rear location near the body plug, so what spare?
Deluxe seat belts                   No, std 727

Probably no way to know if it had floor mats, door edge guards, HD battery, optional tires. What city & state was it sold in?

Sold in Powhatan VA
I'm pretty sire it had console with no gauges (no firewall piercing for the oil line and no gauge connector on main harness)

Scott

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2016, 09:21:18 PM »
If it was built with spoilers one trunk lid torsion rod is thicker than the other.

If it had an AM/FM radio there will be a capacitor in the line to the heater blower motor.

I have a destination charge of $66.75 to Newport News VA but for a July build. Charges changed over the production run, usually by .25.
Learning more and more about less and less...