Author Topic: Want to help guess the options that were on my car?  (Read 9544 times)

Spooky

• View Profile
Want to help guess the options that were on my car?
« on: April 26, 2016, 09:23:13 PM »
Hello all, I have owned my 69 for over 27 years. Last year I got a NCRS report on it. I tracked down the dealers son and he said he had the invoice for my car. Here is the Kicker.... he wants $2000 for it. NO way no how I would pay that. It is a non numbers matching car so it would not increase the value of my car. He did tell me the price on the bottom though.... I thought it would be neat to try to figure it out. I have not come up with the combo that would get me there. ( i don't know what the price changes were and when. So anybody want to give it a shot? Would there be any clues to look for for other options?

Here is what I do know:
69 x22 396/325 with a 4 speed. (trans unknown assuming a m20)
 12 bolt 3:31's posi,
Rally sport,
 small steering arms, power steering,
 disc brakes,
 std interior with wood grain on drivers side,
no tach, no ZL2, no air, crank windows
tinted glass,
aftermarket antenna so no way to know what radio I'm guessing.
It does have the heater box duct for a console but it was not in the car.

The price was $3955.35

Any guesses would be awesome!!!! I will send you a hand crafted wooden bottle opener (or 3) if you can figure out the combo

Scott

Mods if this is the wrong place please move it. Thank you!!!!

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
Re: Want to help guess the options that were on my car?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 09:29:46 PM »
Offer him $50 and say that's it...  take it or leave it..  :)   (What is he going to do with it otherwise?)...
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

Spooky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:42:52 PM »
I offered him 200, he said it would not be fair to the people that paid the 2k. Def not on my Christmas list

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 10:50:10 PM »
 That dealer sounds like a greedy bastard.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

restore-z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 11:12:25 PM »
Crazy he is trying to fleece you for $2K...will he at least give you the information off the invoice for $100? Maybe try that then you would not have to guess...
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 12:02:26 AM »
Ask him to text or email you a pic of it. 1 for verification 2 so you know what you are getting.
He may be blowing smoke and just have the shipper paper, or some small piece of paper work. Or he may have something that is just hand written that may look similar to other guys re-creations of paperwork.
You should be able to get something, and at least see the options, if the paperwork is legit.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Spooky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 12:11:46 AM »
I tried to get a pic, no bite.
No vinyl top
Reg mirror
I'll check the wiring harness for gague and or radio plug (s)

Thanks for the tips
Scott

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 01:38:56 AM »
What dealer ?

X33RS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 02:14:25 AM »
Where's it at in relation to you Spooky?   If it were me and within a days drive, I wouldn't hesitate to jump in the car and just deal with him face to face.   But that's me, I don't mind a little adventure.   I usually find something nearby fun for the family and make a weekend of it so it's not a wasted trip.  We do car related stuff as a family like that all the time.

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 12:40:13 PM »
I am with Gary. 50.00 or no. Since your car looks to be nothing rare ( not to hurt feelings) I would just let it go. When I tracked down a 1977 owner of my L78 he told me he had pictures from 77 which I offered to buy. He sent them to me for free. There are too many people now who fake or just want to rip someone off. If my non matching DZ had a vin I could find I would put it on the CRG and just ask for any DZ in exchange.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 12:46:08 PM »
Pricing varied during the model year, so knowing you ship date makes a difference in some option prices.
Jimmy V.

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 01:13:33 PM »
  I heard that Joel at Baldwin Motion charges $1500 thereabouts for a converted car document but that I can see, and would pay if I owned one, being they are so rare and specialized cars.
  Depending on my mood at the time, if a dealer said he had an invoice copy for my LOS L35 car I would make him work for that $$$$ and request at least a picture showing the paper with the VIN, as a teaser, and he can cover the other line items. That can be done in a matter of minutes on his part. If he wants the money, which he will definitely pocket, then maybe he will do at least that. Tell him for that amount of money he has to show you something beforehand.
  Or,  try the old school Brooklyn method and make him an offer he can't refuse (past the pasta) and send Rocco and Joey to the dealership and whisper to the guy that it will cost more than $2,000 to replace the showroom glass if some vandal with a pellet gun happens to pass by one night 8)  I don't have a horses head laying around but I do have a 396 head you can borrow and put in the guys bed one night while he is sleeping.
  All kidding aside, If you really wanted that invoice you can negotiate because both sides want what the other has, $$$$$ & invoice.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 04:05:24 PM »
Scott, give us the production date of your car.
As for the greedy dealer guy, maybe he wants your car and that's why he's holding the document. Maybe you should consider offering it to him for say... $2 million?? Since the doc is worth $2K.  :P
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

RS_COPO_Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 06:16:26 PM »
That's nuts. If Grand Spaulding Dodge has paperwork on a car they charge around $500.00 - for the complete original jacket (file)....not just copies.  And there are usually some goodies in those files....like spare keys, owners manuals, factory invoice etc.

68 Ragtop

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 06:42:46 PM »
I am with Gary. 50.00 or no. Since your car looks to be nothing rare ( not to hurt feelings) I would just let it go. When I tracked down a 1977 owner of my L78 he told me he had pictures from 77 which I offered to buy. He sent them to me for free. There are too many people now who fake or just want to rip someone off. If my non matching DZ had a vin I could find I would put it on the CRG and just ask for any DZ in exchange.

Nothing rare? It's an RS/SS Big Block 4-speed car.  Maybe not as rare as your Scuncio or L78, but rare enough that paperwork would increase the value significantly.