Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Proper engine decals location

(1/10) > >>

lemarin:
I just my complete engine/engine bay rebuilt and I'm now ready to install the decals, back to original state.

I do have few questions, maybe some pictures would be appreciated.

I bought a complete kit for my engine (LM-1 350/255) from heartbeat, and I'm wondering if it's the best kit ? Maybe there's few other decals I should buy separately elsewhere?

Now I'm wondering about the locations for 3 specific decals:

1-The brake booster tag: where should it be installed, exactly ? Any pictures ?
2-The pollution/exhaust emissions decals: on most of the car I see, they were directly located on the radiator top bar (or rack, not sure about the proper name of it). On my car, there's few plastic clip from under, so there's not enough room to stick the two decal. Anyway those two decals are too high to be stuck on this support. Maybe there's a better place to order those decal and they have the right size ? For now I stick them directly on the fan shroud, is ut correct ?

69Z28-RS:

--- Quote from: lemarin on April 25, 2016, 03:11:08 PM ---I just my complete engine/engine bay rebuilt and I'm now ready to install the decals, back to original state.

I do have few questions, maybe some pictures would be appreciated.

2-The pollution/exhaust emissions decals: on most of the car I see, they were directly located on the radiator top bar (or rack, not sure about the proper name of it). On my car, there's few plastic clip from under, so there's not enough room to stick the two decal. Anyway those two decals are too high to be stuck on this support. Maybe there's a better place to order those decal and they have the right size ? For now I stick them directly on the fan shroud, is ut correct ?

--- End quote ---

The original emissions/tuneup sticker on my car is located on top of the radiator support bar, just to the right (drivers side) of center.  It is NOT correct on the fan shroud.

HawkX66:
Like Gary said, proper placement of the emissions decal is on the radiator support like this:

lemarin:
Ok, that's what I taugh, but look at the pictures I took of my radiator bracket, compare to the size of both decals, and they can't fit in there !

Mark:
It is correct to have the labels on the fan shroud if you have Air Conditioning, as the hood seal gets in the way of the labels in their normal location.  The cores support above is drilled for the A/C seal retainers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page