Author Topic: While you were stuck in the garage trying to get your Camaro on the road....  (Read 12105 times)

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Out of my stables, but don't (NO NEVER) call this a 'Rat Rod'. It is a 'Period Correct Traditional Rod'
Love it Bentley. And a Hemi to boot if I'm not mistaken right?
1955 331c.u....as much as I like BB Chevs, I insisted on something different to set the car off. Anyone notice this H.rod is almost absent of chrome?
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

camaroboy68ss

• 1968 L30/M20
    • View Profile
Out of my stables, but don't (NO NEVER) call this a 'Rat Rod'. It is a 'Period Correct Traditional Rod'

Is that 8x2's on top of that old hemi? looks great! Do you have them all running? My grandfather and I have 6x2's in his original 60's kustom 56 chevy.
Yes, 8-94s
How many are 'functional'...I'll never tell?lol
If you look at the valve cover at the top of the pic you may be able to make out that both the covers say, "Chrysler Industrial" , kind of rare v.covers.

Yeah I have never seen those valve covers before, but I know a lot of different old farm/industrial/milling equipment used those smaller Hemis to power them, they replaced the flathead ford V8.

that 8x2 setup is nice, and if your not running them all, I'm pretty sure I know how you plugged off the carbs because I'll admit our 6x2's are not all working due to the car being a trailer baby, though my grandpa made adapters to run Rochester 2GCs instead of a 97 or 94. For an early hot rod or kustom those multi carb setups are a must for that cool factor.
Young gun with a Camaro or 2.
1968 Camaro RS L30/M20, 2017 Camaro SS
1968 Chevy C10 - Twin to the Camaro
1933 Ford Pickup - "Camaro in disguise"

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile

Is that 8x2's on top of that old hemi? looks great! Do you have them all running? My grandfather and I have 6x2's in his original 60's kustom 56 chevy.
Yes, 8-94s
If you look at the valve cover at the top of the pic you may be able to make out that both the covers say, "Chrysler Industrial" , kind of rare v.covers.

Yeah I have never seen those valve covers before, but I know a lot of different old farm/industrial/milling equipment used those smaller Hemis to power them, they replaced the flathead ford V8.

that 8x2 setup is nice, and if your not running them all, I'm pretty sure I know how you plugged off the carbs because I'll admit our 6x2's are not all working due to the car being a trailer baby, though my grandpa made adapters to run Rochester 2GCs instead of a 97 or 94. For an early hot rod or kustom those multi carb setups are a must for that cool factor.
I must say, I am very impressed by a guy your age having such a broad knowledge of , well, everything about cars. You certainly can talk carbs and know what makes an 'old skool' rod "cool". I feel a little funny talking this stuff on this site, but, I am sure most guys, here, have a general interest in this stuff? I have an interesting carb in my collection. Are you familiar with a Winfield carb? That is a sought after old speed equipment piece. Just curious? Here is another stable mate: My "Jalopy" Model A Ford, uh, patina anyone? If you look close, you can see my tall shifter handle w/ grenade grip(old pineapple type).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:54:25 AM by ko-lek-tor »
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

68 Ragtop

• View Profile
Hey guys just thought I would let you know what else is out there as far as the car culture goes. This link is to a Hagerty page that shows 5 different car cultures you may not have known of:
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2016/04/14/Car-Subcultures?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=Hagerty%20Weekly%20News%204-20-2016

You will get a good laugh out of these.
1. hit my link above
2. scroll down and read each description
3. hit their link to see examples of each

I knew all but 1.

IMO- (for 4 of these categories) A lot of time spent for cars that will wind up in the junk yard ;D

I didn't see where you said which one it was you were unfamiliar with, but I am going to guess it's Bosozoku.

Like most odd Japanese modern culture, it doesn't translate well in the USA.

Being in LA, I have seen it, but it's really not that popular here either. Probably because its so impractical, or it's more popular than I think, I just don't know it because i don't cosplay or comic-con.

camaroboy68ss

• 1968 L30/M20
    • View Profile

Yes, 8-94s

I must say, I am very impressed by a guy your age having such a broad knowledge of , well, everything about cars. You certainly can talk carbs and know what makes an 'old skool' rod "cool". I feel a little funny talking this stuff on this site, but, I am sure most guys, here, have a general interest in this stuff? I have an interesting carb in my collection. Are you familiar with a Winfield carb? That is a sought after old speed equipment piece. Just curious? Here is another stable mate: My "Jalopy" Model A Ford, uh, patina anyone? If you look close, you can see my tall shifter handle w/ grenade grip(old pineapple type).

I have heard the name in passing but that's about it, I haven't had much of a chance to mess with really early speed parts. I grew up spending a lot of time with my grandpa and his cars which usually 32-34 fords and tri-five chevy's. He loves to still build traditional hot rods and cruisers. I grew up riding shot gun in a 33 Ford Pickup street rod (the one I currently own) so my love for early rods and customs goes deeper than my love for first gen Camaros.

That old 30/31 Fordor is neat, if its been an east coast cars it whole life is sure has held up well. Here is a couple pics of both my street rod and a my grandpas current rod and custom. we sold a 34 ford all steel 3 window and just before that a 34 5 window with a  348 chevy and 6x2s. The teal pickup is my 33 Ford Pickup, the 34 is my grandpas current little hot rod, and the last 3 are the 56 chevy custom we restored a couple years ago. Its a true early 60's custom, named Miss Taboo.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Very cool pics. I like both the pick ups. Did your gramps do the chop him self?
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

camaroboy68ss

• 1968 L30/M20
    • View Profile
Very cool pics. I like both the pick ups. Did your gramps do the chop him self?

no we bought it with the 4inch chop already done, it was a done truck when he picked up. Just been doing some clean up here and there to it.

anything