Author Topic: Dealer trade?  (Read 13554 times)

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dealer trade?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 04:10:29 AM »
Guys, in dealer trades the p-o-p will reflect the selling dealer,

the window sticker, car shipper all of the GM factory prepared paper will reflect the original purchasing dealer

seldom if ever did they go back and change original GM documents because simple fact is GM sold it to a different dealer.
and if it was dealer traded the p-o-p usually is the only thing that reflects the selling dealer.

You could have a hand written dealer invoice I guess, but I would expect all GM paper to show original purchasing dealer.

It is my understanding that the paperwork is all from the selling dealer, not the original purchasing dealer from the NCRS report. But maybe I am wrong.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 04:31:09 AM »

the window sticker, car shipper all of the GM factory prepared paper will reflect the original purchasing dealer

seldom if ever did they go back and change original GM documents because simple fact is GM sold it to a different dealer.
and if it was dealer traded the p-o-p usually is the only thing that reflects the selling dealer.

You could have a hand written dealer invoice I guess, but I would expect all GM paper to show original purchasing dealer.

It is my understanding that the paperwork is all from the selling dealer, not the original purchasing dealer from the NCRS report. But maybe I am wrong.

that is what Austin stated; the NCRS paper lists the OH dealer, and Austin's 'other' original paperwork from the dealer in MI.   It just means that the car was shipped from the factory to the Ohio dealer, and a 'dealer to dealer' trade from the OH dealer to the MI dealer where the car was sold to satisfy the customer order...   Happened/and happens/ all the time.
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

rsinor

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 12:53:23 PM »

that is what Austin stated; the NCRS paper lists the OH dealer, and Austin's 'other' original paperwork from the dealer in MI.   It just means that the car was shipped from the factory to the Ohio dealer, and a 'dealer to dealer' trade from the OH dealer to the MI dealer where the car was sold to satisfy the customer order...   Happened/and happens/ all the time.

Yes dealer trades happened in 1960's and today, but the paperwork from GM reflects original purchasing dealer, not final selling dealer, even today if you get your window sticker on a vehicle your selling dealer traded for it will reflect the original dealer your dealer got it from before he sold it to you.

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 10:25:58 PM »
Thank you rsinor!
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile