Author Topic: My long lost Camaro story  (Read 2162 times)

jrwhites

• View Profile
My long lost Camaro story
« on: July 08, 2017, 04:58:45 AM »
Back in 1986 I bought a 67 camaro from an elder lady for $500. It was a gold on gold with an inline 6 and three on the tree. This was in orange county California. This is what happened. I was going through a really tough time and was 18 years old, no direction, nothing going on. I had just bought the car and my dad was very upset because I drove it without insurance, and basically kicked me out of the house. I had worked for him previously at his corvette business, but that ended as well. After a couple weeks I had the car parked by the Grand Hotel in Anaheim right by Disneyland and moved back in my parents house before going into the Air force. I was stupid enough not to get the car stored as I just left it. I never even registered it. I was young and dumb. My priorities was to get my life in check and grow up, the car was the last thing on my mind. So today I was at a car show in Wisconsin where I now live, family, great career, etc. I seen the very 1st Camaro ever made with the same colors engine, interior, etc. I know this of course isn't mine, but I was heart broken about this. Made me wonder what could have been. The one I bought was a little rough, I was working on it, did the dash in black lacquer, again didn't realize what I might have had. I'm just hoping to get my story out and see if this  would ring a bell back in 1986. I chose the military over the car as any person would if you were going though a life struggle as I was. I'm just wondering, I thought I remember the VIN being #500 or something around that. California car too. So please share, Im very curious. Thank you very much.

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Re: My long lost Camaro story
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »
Welcome to the site "jr". Funny how these old Camaros can evoke so much emotion. A lot of guys have been in the same boat as you. That is, wondering what might have happened to their 1st "love"? I think it was admirable that you straightened out your life, served our country, and had the courage to share your story. Now, fast forward, chances are that you will never find "that" car again, since you have limited information about this old flame. But on the bright side, go and find yourself a nice "replacement". A Camaro that will ignite that passion once again and allow you to relive your youth, perhaps more responsibly? You deserve a great ride. Stay on here to educate yourself and learn all the pitfalls to avoid, and then, you can make a confident purchase that you enjoy and that puts a smile on your face every time you look at it. Best of luck.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: My long lost Camaro story
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 01:24:45 AM »
I agree. Chances are very low that you would ever find that exact car, but there are many others out there. I hope you find one and when you do, tell us about it! 
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016