Author Topic: 1969 Camaro Wheel Wrenc  (Read 4234 times)

cruizin69

• View Profile
1969 Camaro Wheel Wrenc
« on: April 06, 2016, 05:38:36 PM »
Do all 1969 Camaro's have a wheel wrench that has a raised O on the one end?
If so did any other GM's of that time have it also?

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: 1969 Camaro Wheel Wrenc
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 09:01:24 PM »
You mean like these? (See attached)

No, I've seen lots of original wrenches that didn't have the raised "O", and not all "O" wrenches were used on the Camaro. The company that manufactured the "O" lug wrench was one of several and they made lug wrenches for other models, and even other divisions as well. Not all of the manufacturers cast their Trade Mark on the wrench but I've also seen "E" wrenches.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the "O" or the "E" stands for, but I would assume they're the trade marks for those particular manufacturers.

I believe Martin has a lot of wrenches in his "stash", so I've askd him to chime in. Troy also has a few original wrenches, so I've asked him to chime in as well.

Ed
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:33:07 PM by bertfam »

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:12:14 AM »
Unfortunately, I have no idea what the "O" or the "E" stands for, but I would assume they're the trade marks for those particular manufacturers.

Okay, after more research, I remembered there was an article in the Spring, 2013 "The Corvette Restorer" by Joe Tripoli regarding Corvette Jacks and lug wrenches. In it he states that the "O" stood for The Herbert E. Orr Company (still in business) in Paulding, Ohio. At one point, they supplied approx 75 percent of forged lug wrenches to all the GM divisions. He didn't mention the "E" lug wrenches, but going by what we DO know, it's probably another manufacturer.

Ed

cruizin69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 02:46:02 PM »
Yes these are the lug wrench I was talking about.
Thanks for the information.
So there was no particular wheel wrench for the 1969 Camaro.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 03:16:41 PM »

No, there WAS a specific design requirement set forth by Chevrolet engineering, but not "one" supplier, but "several", and each supplier had to conform to the design requirements.

Ed

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 07:23:43 PM »
Huh?
There was a specific design. And I recall there may have been more than one, depending on wheel option. But there were no markings to ID the wrench.
Kurt S
CRG