Author Topic: How do you tie the data tag to a VIn number on a 69 Camaro?  (Read 2900 times)

mopar346

• View Profile
Forgive my ignorance but remember I'm mainly a Mopar guy. ;D I was talking to one of my techs about his Z/28 that he has had since 77 and I got some pictures of the data and VIn and helped him decode it. On a Mopar the VIN is on the fender tag on 69 and up cars and only the Order Number (similar to GM) is on the tag for 68 and back. The numbers on the body are the Order number as well 68 and back, VIN on 69 and up. The build sheet is the ony way to tie a tag and body to a VIN on the 68s and back. How do you tie the tag to a VIN on a 69 Camaro? Does  it vary on other years?

Thanks in advance, Kevin

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: How do you tie the data tag to a VIn number on a 69 Camaro?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 03:05:05 AM »
On a '69 Camaro the last six digits of the VIN and the 'ident number' number were on the body and chassis broadcast copies. The ident number is the number on the body tag. The full VIN and body tag number were on the window sticker & shippers' copy.

The VIN was not stamped on the body tag on cars shipped to the states. Some export Camaros did have the VIN on the tag; others had an additional tag that had the VIN stamped on it.
Learning more and more about less and less...

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 03:32:20 AM »
Kurt S
CRG

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 04:55:39 PM »
Thank you, I will read up on that tonight.