Author Topic: 68 am radio front mounted antenna cable  (Read 3246 times)

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
68 am radio front mounted antenna cable
« on: April 07, 2016, 03:36:15 AM »
I am needing to replace the broken antenna cable for my '68 am radio with a front fender mounted antenna. I would have thought this would be an easy reproduction piece to find but I can't seem to find one anywhere.

I have looked on every Camaro parts website I know and can find every antenna related part but this one.....You can find rear mounted antenna cables, you can find antenna kits, you can find the cable and the antenna body combined as one piece......I have already bought and installed an OER reproduction antenna body and all the parts above it.  I'm not going to trash that for a combination cable/body or a kit where I have to repurchase all of other antenna parts I have already bought just to get the cable out of it.

The 67/68 AM radio front fender mounted antenna cable has to be the most common of any 1st gen cable but I can't find a new one. Not to say that it's not out there and might have missed it but I am not seeing it. I am baffled by this.

Rick's has one ( PN 33-182138 ) that says it's only to be used with original parts (which I don't have) and it's $50, the same as an entire kit that includes everything.

I just want what you see here. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.....Dave

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: 68 am radio front mounted antenna cable
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 02:00:01 PM »
Dave, the 67-68 front AM radio cable (P/N 3897334) was also used on some trucks in the 60's. A quick Google search found the cable at CAMAROPARTS.COM for $54.00 and 1969-72CHEVYTRUCKPARTS.COM for $35.00 (scroll down to page 14-2)

However, at that price it would be cheaper to get the cable and body at CLASSICMUSCLE.COM (or anywhere else for that matter) for $19.00!

Ed

anything