Author Topic: Spoilers and head rest  (Read 7441 times)

John C

• View Profile
Spoilers and head rest
« on: November 17, 2005, 03:07:20 PM »
Question ...I have an restored numbers matching RS/SS 69 conv. Car was built 3rd week in Nov (pre X code car. How can I tell if it came with a spoiler, or was the spoiler standard with the SS or Rs option? Also the interior is a custom weave and the seats have head rests. I can't find any reference anywhere of headrest being an option or standard, yet on the original bill of sale from the original owner it is listed as a $16.90 option. Any clues??? Thanks

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilers and head rest
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 03:23:53 PM »
Headrests were an option on '69 cars built during 1968; they didn't become standard equipment (Federal requirement) until January 1, 1969. The D80 spoiler package was only included as standard equipment on Z/28's built after April, 1969; it was a stand-alone option on any other model, but many were added by owners and dealers. Factory-installed spoiler cars had two different diameter trunk hold-open torsion rods (one standard, one larger-diameter) to hold up the deck lid with the added weight of the spoiler).  :)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 06:51:29 AM »
I don't often get to clarify a JohnZ post. :)

Headrests on early 69 cars were optional (RPO A82), but the factory included them on all cars unless they were deleted on the order via RPO AR1.
There were some people who didn't want this mandatory option and the dealership was authorized to remove the headrests, install a plug, and credit them the $16.90.
I won't even get into the screwy price change that happen on 1/1/69.....
Kurt S
CRG

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 03:35:14 PM »
Yup, forgot about the weird AR1 situation.  :-\
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG