Author Topic: Richard Petty Driving Experience  (Read 11644 times)

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Petty Driving Experience
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 12:01:49 AM »
I did the Petty Experience at the Disney Speedworld track in Orlando back in 1998 (10 laps extended to 30 without getting out of the car  ;D ), then did the full 3-day 130-lap advanced course at Charlotte in 1999. That inspired me, and my wife thought it would be cool if I re-activated my Dragster license at age 62, which expired in 1963; I spent three days with Doug Foley and his AA/FD crew at Atco Dragway in New Jersey in 2003, made 13 runs over 3 days, and NHRA re-issued my Dragster license. Most fun you can have with your shoes on!   :)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

dale_z28

• View Profile
Re: Richard Petty Driving Experience
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »
Now THAT'S the kind of racing I want to experience...drag racing! Oval tracks never did much for me, although my son and I raced karts in a parent-child league that was fun. He was so light nobody could catch him, so I just blocked any attempts and we won most races. Some of you might cringe, but it won't take much persuasion to get me on a 1/4 or 1/8 mile strip. I read an article in Hemmings about a man and wife in their mid-sixties just north of us in Bloomfield, Indiana that raced a pair of nearly-matching Monte Carlos. I could really get into that!!
'69 X33 02D   Since 11-29-'77

Details are trifles, but trifles make perfection. And perfection is no trifle.
~Ben Franklin

anything