Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

'69 Penske Camaro Holes in Fenders/Doors/Wheel Wells

(1/5) > >>

Jay Rowlands:
Hi Fellas,
I haven't been on here in years. Please forgive me if I'm not performing proper forum posting etiquette. (I'll learn).

Does anyone have *photos* and/ or info on the specific areas Penske's master fabricator Ron Fournier cut the holes to dissipate front end lift? I have seen photos of the rear wheel wells, the rear of the door and the rear quarter panel's door jam- but I haven't seen any photos of the front of the door, the rear of the front fender, front wheels wells etc. Did they also cut holes in the lower firewall?

Mark Donohue mentioned the mod in his book, The Unfair Advantage, to which he said this: "we opened up the front fender wells, cut holes in the door pillar and door panels, and ducted air through them all the way back to the rear wheel wells". I'm hoping someone out there has more detailed info they can share. Photos of the door pillars/ front of the door/ front fender wells/ firewall? with these holes would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for any help/ info on this topic. Thank you Jon for creating this 1st- Gen Trans Am Camaro Forum. Do ya have any photos of this stuff from your teenage tech days at the track??

Best,
Jay Rowlands

Jon Mello:
Jay,

Sorry, I have been out of town. I believe there are some pics of the holes you are looking for in the 1969 Trans-Am Season Review thread. If you can't find exactly what you're looking for there, then I probably don't have a picture of it.

-Jon

maroman:
Just last week I talked to the man that might have those pictures or at least knowledge of how and why. I'll see if I can get an answer.

Jay Rowlands:
Hi Jon, thank you. I scoured the 1969 trans Am Season Review thread and could not find any photos related.
Doug- thank you too, cool-  any info or pics related to the firewall-lower cowl, front fender well- rear of front fender/front of door areas is what I'm interested in. I really want to see what they did there.  Appreciate your time- thanks.
Jay

Trans Åm:

Photo is found to be posted by Jon in the Wolverine 1969 thread, it is in the second post of the thread.
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=8328.0;all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page