Author Topic: Need help/opinions regarding Endura front bumper  (Read 4174 times)

nuch_ss396

• View Profile
Need help/opinions regarding Endura front bumper
« on: December 17, 2006, 12:29:50 AM »
Hi all !

I am considering the addition of the endura front bumper to a 69 Camaro project and I'd like to solicit some input from those of you that either have endura bumper
Camaro's or added one to your particular car. 

What I am most interested in is the reproductions out there.  Are they correct?  How well do they fit?  Can you tell a repro from an original?  I want it to look like an
original option, not added later.  Accordingly, if the repro's either don't look, or fit as originals did, should I just look for an original setup?

Lastly, I've seen a number of split or separated original endura bumpers on eBay.  Can they be fixed?  Who can do that level of work?   Again, the key here is that I
want this to look like an original, restored bumper.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Steve
69 SS 396, Hugger Orange, D/80, D/90
Chambered Exhaust, N/66, THM400, 3:73 posi

Steve A.
  CRG

Creekside Z11

• View Profile
Re: Need help/opinions regarding Endura front bumper
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 12:20:53 AM »
I've both original and repop.

the original brackets allow for better fit.

the two bumpers were very close in appearance. the average camaro guy couldn't tell them apart.

the brackets are the key to good fit. repop bracket will take some mods to get a good fit.

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
Re: Need help/opinions regarding Endura front bumper
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 12:23:57 AM »
Like creekside said, I believe the difference in fit is in the brackets rather than the bumper itself.

The repops hold the bumper away from the car a little bit, similar to a chrome bumper, while it should be snug against the grille.
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com