Author Topic: how much do you think my 67 camaro rs worth?  (Read 2795 times)

calioak510

• View Profile
how much do you think my 67 camaro rs worth?
« on: December 10, 2015, 03:39:25 AM »
i have a 67 rs, roller, Big block stick car. california car, non opp, clean title, no rust, no body damage, redone paint and interior a few years ago. currently silver with black interior was originally marina blue with blue interior. it is complete just no motor or trans. has been in storage. has center lines , posi . options were 2G console compartment, 2S manual antenna ,  and 3L rally sport package . i dont have any pics right now bc it is in storage a couple hours away with stuff around it and covering it.  i have a friend that wants to buy it as well as everyone i mention it to haha ... how much do you think it is worth as is? i know a good amount about cars but i want to see what the camaro experts have to say. sorry i dont have pics i plan to get some next time i am near it. and let me know any other info you need . thanks!!

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: how much do you think my 67 camaro rs worth?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 04:36:53 AM »
Its worth over 100k , with no pics.... :P

If you have the original drive train (motor, trans, rear) it could bring some nice coin. Without them then much less. I am not sure anyone is going to be able to give much more of an idea without the pics.

Good luck with the sale
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 05:03:08 AM »
Too many variables to give an educated guesstimate.  Not sure I understand your post fully..  You say its a RS, big block stick roller but no mention of Group "4" option..  So its either a base RS with a BB & stick outside of the car or was setup for that scenario or ??  It could range from  $5 - 25K.  As bullitt mentioned would also need to know if the drivetrain is original or if not what the drivetrain actually is.  454 truck motor or 427, 396 date correct or??  Like I said, too many variables at this point.

X33RS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 05:27:11 PM »
What the original drivetrain would have been would determine in my eyes what a real value might be.  Nice thing about 67's is most of the pertinent stuff is listed on the cowl.   Without a group 4 on there that Cook mentioned, it's likely a base model RS in which case it could have been a 2 barrel power glide car from the start.  Still desirable to own but won't bring the bigger money in my opinion compared to an original 4 barrel stick car, even if the car now has some other form of drivetrain in it.

I've been looking at 67-68 RS's for a while now and being patient I've found 2 different 67's, both were L30/M20 cars so they weren't your basic RS's.  Both presentable and rust free SW cars, complete, one ran and one didn't. Both were priced in the upper teens.  I almost bought one of them.  I've seen nice examples in the mid 20's that were turn key and drive, and almost bought another  really super nice 67 RS with it's original 327 2 barrel and power glide, white with blue guts, for $18,500.  Again, this one being nicer than the other 2 I mentioned, but a base model RS with a 2 barrel/glide tends to bring the price down a bit.

My opinion it just depends on what the market will bring in your area, but they are out there to be had reasonable if you look around.  Really need pics and details for others here to give a more informed idea.

calioak510

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 05:50:47 PM »
thanks for the replys everyone! yeah i knew i needed pics haha. I have included a couple that i found on my computer. I will get more later. it actually has a 305 from a newer camaro and automatic trans. in it right now so thats why it is sitting low in the front along with flat front tires. i just called it a roller before bc it doesnt run and i will probably take them out anyway. maybe i will just get it running how it is , im not sure yet.... anyway, how can i find out what motor and trans. my car came with? it was my dads car. he passed in 2012. he bought it from his neighbors friend at his cabin in northern california. i talked to the guy he got it from and was saying i didnt know it was a stick bc i just recently saw the pedals in it and thats when he said it was a big block too. before that i didnt have that knowledge. he said someone had it in their truck or something? smh ... so i was going to look into getting it back some how but not sure bc this was a long time ago and my neighbor up there died 2013 so I havent seen the friend of them since.... tranny is gone as well. more questions... what is group 4 option? where would i find that? i guess the cowl tag? it isnt there so maybe it wasnt a BB. i have the cowl tag and I have decoded most of it thanks to this site but maybe theres a few things on it I didnt understand. It is possible someone put their own BB in it in the past or who knows. anyway thats why i am here. what can you guys tell me with the new info? in the pic the back panel has some paint chipping but the rest of the car the paint is fine.

anything