Author Topic: New Section  (Read 22373 times)

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
Re: New Section
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 03:16:32 AM »
I like Kolector's suggestion a lot..    Reading thru 27 pages to get 3 pages of good photos and data is timeconsuming... and confusing as to what our intent with that section is to be....
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 03:17:53 AM »
The focus (as I envision it) is more about the car and the parts on it, less about the history of the car (though that can definitely be part of it).
When the thread is about a part, obviously the cars don't have to be survivors, but have original parts on them. ;)

1) I personally find the car's history fascinating. How it was kept so "pure" over it's life is educational.
2)"When the thread is about a part", How would this differ from the Research Topic section? I mean, after all, that is what that section discerns is original parts?

once this section is up and running, I would like to suggest all the initial inquiries, suggestions and questions being generated now to be moved to the General Topic section
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 03:39:50 AM »
 Only certain people will be able to start a thread, but once it is started, it will be open for all to post in that thread. 

We are still working on how the submission process is going to occur.  We already have some cars in mind.  This will be a process over time. We are not going to take a bunch of submissions and post them all right away. 

History of the car may or may not be included. That will be up to the owner.   

If you are thinking of submitting your car, that is great. We may ask for certain pics, to highlight a feature.

I think this is potentially a great way for us to all get more exposure to unrestored car details. 
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 05:13:40 AM »
I think this is potentially a great way for us to all get more exposure to unrestored car details. 
Exactly the intent. And if you are restoring a car and need pics / info.

Editing down 27 pages of a thread is not fun. I don't volunteer.
Kurt S
CRG

adjudimo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 06:36:10 AM »
I feel as though only information concerning originality should be here. Not so much for the somewhat original builds that is/was someone's understanding or idea of what factory might have been. EXCLUDING the few fine members here who belong to this site and ACTUALLY WAS PART OF THE PROGRAM AND HISTORY of these cars and their development. So many threads have been started asking how this or that was when they left the factory, and then all of a sudden the thread got side tracked or derailed for some reason or another. I think most of the owners history other than the history of parts and their numbers or superceded numbers should be limited. The cars owner history would be better suited possibly in the new portion of car of the month recently started. I don't mean to sound cross with anyone, but we simply don't need another area where everyone gets off track and we loose what this section of the forum is suppose to be all about. Survivors. There's really not that many true survivors, so lets kinda stay with that format so we can actually learn from it and use it as a resource that I feel as though was the intent in the first place. Keep it clean and keep it simple. Just my thoughts on the matter.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 08:01:12 AM »
I think this first thread about what the content of this new section will contain is telling.
A lot of good input, and deep thoughts on how good the Survivor section can be.

I like the Idea of more pictures less comments, but I think most of the commentary stays on point and adds detail on dates or changes made (superseding numbers) parts changed mid year that tells a story of how the cars were put together.
One of the things I have learned having my car, following many different threads, and then seeing many cars out and about, there were many small nuances that took place: Different supply vendors, paint finishes, the date stamp windows, and in general for how many cars followed a pattern, and being able to recognize a change or deviation and have the presence of mind to know the cars were assembled by human hands that put each car together with the parts they had on hand.
I look forward and appreciate each car or part that gets submitted, on all threads. Each guy puts his car out there for scrutiny by putting a pic of his car or part on a thread, and I hope we can take in what each car has to offer, and be open to different conclusions as more and more information comes forward. :)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

crobjones2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 04:47:41 PM »
Only certain people will be able to start a thread, but once it is started, it will be open for all to post in that thread. 

We are still working on how the submission process is going to occur.  We already have some cars in mind.  This will be a process over time. We are not going to take a bunch of submissions and post them all right away. 

History of the car may or may not be included. That will be up to the owner.   

If you are thinking of submitting your car, that is great. We may ask for certain pics, to highlight a feature.

+1
I like that idea

having a numbers car, I have hung out in the originality and numbers sections. It feels like this section is where a car in it's entirety can be showcased
Chris
69 SS 350

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2015, 04:36:57 AM »
Just got back from vacation and glad to read about the new category "survivor" and glad Skip's 69 Z thread I started was moved over as it does indeed have a lot of information (pictures) and I have some more to submit this week once I can get caught up. 
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 04:12:37 PM »
There is now a sticky at the top of this section that includes some guidelines.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

hihorse

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2021, 11:31:40 AM »
This section is very interesting. Love the Z28 cars , need some detail '69 L78 engine pictures.

anything