Author Topic: attention nutmeggers  (Read 13974 times)

mjsmilford

• View Profile
attention nutmeggers
« on: October 18, 2005, 12:49:47 AM »
there is to be a car show/swap meet nov 6, at lake compounce. ground up should have a booth there to stock up on parts for this winters projects.

clwilcox

• View Profile
Re: attention nutmeggers
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 01:59:14 AM »
What state is this in?  I have no idea what a nutmegger is :)
Christropher
1967 RS/SS 350......in pieces still.

clwilcox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 02:02:22 AM »
Nevermind, google answers all once again :)

Have fun up there in CT.
Christropher

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 08:25:33 PM »

Off topic some here I grant you - and probably a really dumb question which I may be embarassed I asked - but...

How do you get those neat avitars (think that it is what they are called) to work for you. I searched for how to set one up in the user profile set up info and maybe its just me - but I didn't see anything that mentioned one or hinted as to how to make them work. Thanks from an obviously not so literate computer-type...   --Randy--

clwilcox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 08:47:05 PM »
Click on your name, on the left side under Modify Profile, click on Forum Profile Information.  I have a pic of my car on my personal web page, so I just used the "I have my own pic" option and typed in the link.  i don't know if the upload option works or not but you might try it.  Good luck.
Christropher

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 09:58:39 PM »
Click on your name, on the left side under Modify Profile, click on Forum Profile Information.  I have a pic of my car on my personal web page, so I just used the "I have my own pic" option and typed in the link.  i don't know if the upload option works or not but you might try it.  Good luck.

Thanks - I have tried the using 'my own picture' option a taking one off my hard drive and even tried using a file picture as small as 20kb thinking it must be the file size that it didn't like, with no luck - although the profile section doesn't stipulate a size limitation if there in fact is one... It must be something else I'm not doing correctly I guess.
   Is there any section that I may have missed that defines file (picture) size limitations for general posting or attaching files into the message body so I'll know what to expect if I try that?
                                                        --Randy--

mjsmilford

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 11:58:46 PM »
i clicked on the "brouse"icon and put my link from my photobucket account in there. i am also computer unfriendly,but if i did it  anyone can

clwilcox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 02:00:20 AM »
Well as I and mjsmilford have done, and seem to have worked, is have our pic hosted on a web site somewhere that we can just put in the link to the pic.  As far as that is concerned size can't be a limitation because the pic I linked to was HUGE.  I'm assuming the function of uploading your own pic (from your harddrive) to the site is not working.  Get a photobucket account (photobucket.com), upload your pic to their site then put the resulting URL (link) into your profile.

mjsmilford: Sorry for hijacking your thread.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 02:02:26 AM by clwilcox »
Christropher

mjsmilford

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 08:26:00 PM »
i wouldnt consider it hijacking, any posts should be considered help.  just dont hijack my car ;D