Author Topic: Any sales this weekend??  (Read 5578 times)

X33RS

• View Profile
Any sales this weekend??
« on: November 24, 2015, 06:43:21 PM »
I have a long list of about $2,000 worth of nickel and dime stuff I need to order.  Was wondering if there are any cyber sales I might be missing that you guys may know about.  It's going to pay for me to shop around a bit.  Right now Heartbeat has slightly better prices on a few things, while NPD and Ricks have better prices on some other things.
   Where else does everyone do their shopping?

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Any sales this weekend??
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »
I usually go with who has the best parts, than who has the best deal. I have spent to much time returning poor quality parts, or trying to make them fit. I have learned to spend a little more and get the best quality. Even when I know I will be selling the car, potential buyers will see the difference between entry level parts and the good stuff. Sometimes even NOS stuff pops up for some makes and models on eBay for a reasonable price.
 Just my 2 cents buddy :)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

X33RS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:39:08 PM »
Thanks Austin,
   The only shopping around I do is between those 3 I mentioned because I'm not aware of anyone else that sells stuff, lol.   They all appear to pretty much sell the same stuff, some called good repo and the other repo stuff they like to call concours correct.
  I've never been much of an ebay fisher mainly because the NOS and lightly used OEM stuff is priced sky high anyway and this car is just never going to be that (I don't think) I'm not interested in fully restoring it anyway, my wife is daily driving it.  Maybe someday, like 10 years down the road maybe, IF the car is still worth something by then.
  Right now I need a collection of stuff to correct some things like carb fuel lines, valve covers, spark plug wire looms, pulleys, a flat hood air cleaner assembly, some door handle pulls for deluxe interior, RS back up lights, some side market lights etc...might freshen the interior with new carpet, I think I'm going to need a console wire harness, and lots of minor things.
  Nothing major but the list is long...and most of this stuff is just fine in reproduction form, as long as it functions.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 10:08:08 PM »
Well I think the one thing that I would keep in mind is most suppliers have a certain dollar threshold, that if you spend so much you get free shipping.
Another thing to keep in mind is many parts get discontinued, or go out of stock, and then may not get replaced for a long time if at all.
So ask the parts guys you go through if everything you have is in stock, you don't want get stuck waiting for handful of items to make your car complete.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

X33RS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 10:37:52 PM »
Yeah I don't want to be waiting too long.  Good news is I was just told of a few places I haven't heard of so I have some options.  Time to create a shopping cart, Christmas is a little early for me this year, lol.

Boston14

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »
Camaro Central has up to 15% off...... Heartbeat City 20% off ............. Ground Up SS 396 has free shipping .......... American Auto Wire has free shipping....... That's all I know about for this weekend.
boston14

1969 SS/RS 350 Convertible
Dover White with Black Top and D90 stripe, Red Standard Interior