Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

1969 Z/28 Trans Am Stoddart Found

(1/13) > >>

Iroczjeff:
The 1969 Z/28 T/A driven by Ken Stoddart has been found.  The car was sitting in a building in Ohio for the last 30 plus years!  This car was campaigned all over the North eastern side of the United States.  The car retains it's original title still in Ken Stoddart's name!  In addition to the title the following items were found in the car as well:  Protecto Plate, SCCA Build Books, Original Dealer Order Form, GM High Performance Racing Catalog for a 1969 Camaro etc....  The car was removed from it's 30 plus year slumber by myself and Ryan Brutt "Writer from Hot Rod & Muscle Car Review magazines.  From what I understand the car will be published in an upcoming issue of Muscle Car review.  Here are two photos of the car the day we removed it from it's resting place and one of it on the race track in Charlotte.

BULLITT65:
WOW, what a find. It would be nice to see this one brought back to its former glory. Is there any pics from 69 of what it looked like when it campaigned in 69, (before all the mods)?

Iroczjeff:
Yes...  Those pictures will be posted soon...  Jeff

Kelley W King:
Where in the car were the doc,s? I would not think there would be a glove box.

Iroczjeff:
Sorry wrong choice of words...  The docents came with the car...  Not in the car... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page