Author Topic: New 1967 Camaro SS 350  (Read 3673 times)

snap on pete

• View Profile
New 1967 Camaro SS 350
« on: November 20, 2015, 02:39:15 PM »
So.....Bit the bullet and bought this one. 8)

I know its not a matching numbers car.. Nor a true SS of course.. but its not going to be a museum piece for me..Just a great car hopefully... i can get out and drive.. 

Purchased through Marc Shiliro , Seekonk MA...this was a customers car and Marc was really helpfull.

I was searching for a car for a good while..and all over the usual car for sale sites . The response from 95% of the sellers was quite
poor and effortless to be honest... poor write ups, crap pictures, most really couldnt be bothered !! Even some of the dealers... very laid back and uninterested..  This was despite telling them politely, i have imported cars before, and not a waste of time...Their Loss !!!

Being loaded at the moment in NJ and then onto England.  Should be with me mid Dec, by the time its cleared customs..
What is nice for me is that it has extra bits that the Mustang didnt...i.e  Power steering, Disc brakes etc.,
and found the Mustang manual gears a bit `agricultural to say the least.  Very heavy clutch, so have gone Auto this time round..

Restoration  was completed in 2014 by Jimmy Soares and Paul Ripa..  (If anyone knows of these guys, would be interested)

Everything on the exterior has been restored or replaced including such items as the glass, stainless trim, mirrors, wipers, lights, bumpers and SS 350 emblems!

Boss black wheels that are 18x8 on the front and 18x9.5 on the rear. 
The Nitto tires are 235/40/18 on the front and 275/40/18 on the rear!

The exterior is complimented with a brand new black interior

Everything in the interior has been restored or replaced including such items as the
headliner,
dash,  door panels, seats,  console and carpet.  modern NVU gauges, steering wheel,
Pro Car Rally bucket seats and carpeted custom floor mats!

The engine compartment is highly detailed with many upgrades including the Nat’s Chiavittone Engine 350 V8 that was dyno tested at 355HP with 406.1 torque at 4000 RPM. The dyno sheet is included.
Nat Chiavettone is responsible for the engines being used at the Seekonk Speedway!

The engine compartment
custom fender supports,
radiator show panel,
12” brake booster,
Edelbrock 650 carburetor
Spectra air filter,
Pro From polished intake,
polished Chevrolet valve covers,
low profile billet bracket kit with ribbed belts,
chrome alternator and
polished power steering pump,
Delco Remy distributor with Scott wires and
all braided lines throughout. 

The engine is cooled by a polished aluminum radiator with 16” electric fan!
Dynatech ceramic coated headers and
complete polished exhaust system. 

The engine is coupled to a rebuilt turbo 350 transmission
and 10- bolt rear end!
front QA-1 adjustable coil over kit,
front disc brakes and the
rear end has been lowered 1”
 Vin;
1 = Chevrolet                                           
2 = the vehicle model, Camaro
3 = engine type 6cyl
37 = body type Sport Coupe
7 = year of manufacture 1967
N = plant of manufacture Norwood, Ohio
194525 = vehicles unique identification number.

Looking forward to taking delivery.  Its the Original Granada Gold. That was repainted about 4 years ago now.
Will see how thats looks in the flesh,...Not my favourite colour,  but i have budgeted and may well get it repainted in a colour of my choice.. Orange? Black or Blue?

If anyone knows the car or any history, would love to know.

Peter

snap on pete

• View Profile
Re: New 1967 Camaro SS 350
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 02:40:33 PM »
more..

ss jim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 03:19:29 PM »
Looks like a neat car Pete. Enjoy driving it !

Jim

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 03:43:59 PM »
 Congratulations and I wish you good luck with your new toy.
I can imagine it will feel odd to drive from the other side of the car?

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 10:34:03 PM »
It looks pretty decent in the photos but the 39K the dealer was asking is more than I would pay for that car. Looks to be a new floor and they just shot paint over all the greasy rusted suspension components. I don't like the way the subframe was repaired. Heater hoses not hooked up so possibly the heater core was leaking and never repaired. Top of firewall is black and should be body color; many cars are incorrect like that. They replaced many parts but left out an inexpensive cowl seal. Perhaps they did not know it was supposed to have one. After a color change you'll have 49K+ in the car. There are real 67 RS, SS and RS/SS cars out there for 25-40K that are a good deal for their condition.

Dealers are great with flowery descriptions and pricing cars beyond their value.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:15:57 PM by Sauron327 »

snap on pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 01:27:54 PM »
Ahhh..  You are presuming i paid that for the car...Dont be silly, everything is negotiable...!  I never pay full price for ANYTHING ! lol..

Have owned many classics, and paid no where near that.!!    IF.. i do get the car painted..we will see. I will have a car in a perfect colour of my choice...and flawless.  That will stand me in approx 38k in your money...plus shipping costs of course.  The thing is, there is not one decent 67-68 Camaro over here for sale at present.!!

The difficulty buying from USA, is getting someone that is remotely interested to even answer your numerous emails..!!  I chased so many idiots...and the cars wern`t necessarily cheap .. but i guess with so many scammers out there globally it pays to be cautious.
Even some of the dealers are damn right plain LAZY...and was waiting 4 days from some pictures ..which i never got in the end...

Parting with good money on an unseen car. it pays to have someone who is slightly switched on ! and responsive to your demands.
and of course it helps if;
They have at least 20-30 or more GOOD QUALITY photographs
Showing the underneath too
Knows what they are selling...
and Most importantly.. get the feeling this is someone you can trust..   After all, have got to send them my hard earned money
before they release the car..!

Yes it has a new floor..but hey its nearly a 50 yr old car.  They didnt build these things to last this long.
Will be suprised if heater core hasnt been repaired..we will see in a few weeks time.

The fact the engine bay is black is a bonus for me ..If i do repaint it means the engine hasnt got to come out..  I was not after a 100% period correct car...but something that looks well done, not a home resto job, and has a few comforts like
power steering, and discs brakes..Some chrome in the detailed engine bay, and a nice quality put together interior.

These features put on a few thousand bucks over here...and hopefully  less work for me to do..  I will put my thoughts up when i take
delivery of the car...but have purchased with old experienced eyes the best i could...

Would love to see some GENUINE 67 SS cars at the prices you suggest..and in this condition...I couldnt find ONE !!

all the best over the pond   Pete

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 03:23:24 PM »
Engine bay being black is not what is incorrect. The top of the cowl should be body color, Firewall blackout should only go to the top edge of firewall. Numerous reference photos on this site. Many painters do not know what is correct, others don't bother with accuracy on restomods. This is but one thread with photos, also note the cowl seal which you are missing: http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=1608.msg9935#msg9935
I was not implying there was something wrong with a new floor. I restore cars for a living and panel replacement is no big deal. It stood out in contrast to the rest of the undercarriage. Good luck with your purchase.

Dealers often do not submit detailed photos because many of their cars are hacked. They wait for the uneducated buyer to be fooled by shiny paint hiding butchery.

anything