Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

Tom McIntyre's Mickey Thompson Z06 Corvette

(1/2) > >>

Jon Mello:
Obviously not a Trans-Am car but a cool piece of Chevrolet racing history nonetheless. There is a great issue of HOT ROD magazine out right now featuring Tom's Z06 and the reinstallation of a Mk II Mystery Motor, which is how the car was originally raced at Daytona back in 1963. Lots of great history to read up on.

Also, for those hoping they could see it in person, Tom says it will be on display at the HOT ROD Magazine booth at SEMA next week. It is in CENTRAL HALL, Booth 22743 right across from Edelbrock. From what I understand HOT ROD will give you a free issue when you stop by and see the car.

firstgenaddict:
Is this the one that had the MT cast Aluminum differential case with the cooling fittings? Like a one off piece... I read about it at least 25 years ago - probably closer to 30+.

Jon Mello:

--- Quote from: firstgenaddict on January 28, 2016, 06:49:14 AM ---Is this the one that had the MT cast Aluminum differential case with the cooling fittings? Like a one off piece... I read about it at least 25 years ago - probably closer to 30+.
--- End quote ---

I don't know. I'll ask Tom for you.

maroman:
Wow, I had realized any GS's were converted to BB's that early.

ko-lek-tor:

--- Quote from: maroman on January 28, 2016, 05:57:23 PM ---Wow, I had realized any GS's were converted to BB's that early.

--- End quote ---
Cool story on Chevy's "Mystery Motor" http://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/2015/02/04/inside-the-63-chevy-427-mystery-engine/

Jon---If it's old and racing, I love it! ...even if it is not T.A.

oh, and thanks Junior Johnson, Smokey and others for making it happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page