Author Topic: emission sticker reproduction  (Read 21178 times)

abiddle

• 1969 Camaro SS 350 - trim 719 52 52
    • View Profile
Re: emission sticker reproduction
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 12:29:25 AM »
Hey Don, I don't see the pictures of the laminated.

Thanks - Andy

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 04:38:59 AM »
Don, are your emissions stickers printed on paper or vinyl?

Paper

Is that because you believe the originals to have been paper?  OR is there a problem with using vinyl for the type?
PS.  I purchased my car in 1976 and the emissions sticker is still in place.  Although I accidentally wiped the sticker with a solvent rang (and cleaned off most/all of the print), the sticker is still there and it sure appears to be a vinylized product.
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 01:02:17 PM »
Andy, those two pictures each have the paper one on the top and the laminated one on the bottom. Hard to see the differences in a picture except for the light reflection in the second picture in the laminated one. The laminated one is more protective and a little shiny.

Gary, given your feedback, if you were to get one of mine I would suggest it be laminated. I do not have the vinyl material or an appropriate printer to do them that way if that is how some of them were. Maybe Andy will give some feedback when he receives his which may give you a better opinion.
WEBSITE
Specialized Chevrolet Decals

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 02:39:44 PM »
I am posting these pictures primarily for the benefit of Gary.  The lower decal in each picture is laminated which will provide better durability.  However, as mentioned previously, in my opinion it just doesn’t look right.  The laminated one also has a bit of a Yellow tint to it which may not show up in the pictures.  Also, for effect, one picture is taken with the reflection of a light while the other is not.

Anyway, these are your replacements Dave and should go out in the mail tomorrow.

Andy, got your PM. Are you saying you can't see these pictures in my previous post?
WEBSITE

abiddle

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 03:03:44 PM »
Yes, I don't see any pictures on your posts other than Reply#10. « on: October 29, 2015, 02:14:47 PM »

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 04:14:42 PM »
STRANGE Andy. Wonder if other viewers have the same problem. I'll email the pictures to you.
WEBSITE

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 10:38:10 PM »
Not to hijack this, but just wanted to compliment Don on the attention to detail and effort that has obviously gone into producing those decals, plus your great customer service in following up and replacing Dave's with the underline added. I will definitely be ordering my decals from you when ready for them!
PS I can see the plain vs laminated pictures, weird that Andy can't......
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

abiddle

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 02:30:16 AM »
Its too early for April Fools. Not seeing those pictures in this thread is bizarre, since I'm seeing all of the other pictures. So I switched from Chrome to Internet Explorer just to check my browser, and I still don't see the pictures.

Don was kind to send them to me via email. Frankly I think laminated vs unlaminated is something you have to see in front of you to notice allow your eyes to do a comparison, I can't tell much of a difference from the pics.

And hijack away. I was very disappointed in the A/M sticker I ordered. Its very cool Don took on this hobby for the nuts amongst us!

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2015, 05:03:42 PM »
I see them but it may have been an issue where angelfire was down or off line when they were looking at the thread.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

abiddle

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2015, 05:30:17 PM »
I still don't see the laminated comparison pics in this thread.

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 07:39:57 PM »
I am posting these pictures primarily for the benefit of Gary.  The lower decal in each picture is laminated which will provide better durability.  However, as mentioned previously, in my opinion it just doesn’t look right.  The laminated one also has a bit of a Yellow tint to it which may not show up in the pictures.  Also, for effect, one picture is taken with the reflection of a light while the other is not.

Anyway, these are your replacements Dave and should go out in the mail tomorrow.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=497&pictureid=25217

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=497&pictureid=25209

Ok I see the issue, these pictures are in a protected album on Team Chevelle. If their showroom works the same as our over at Team Camaro, then you must be a member of Team Chevelle to see these or link to them and have them show up as anything but the black background.

Don maybe post them direct here, or post them at your angelfire page?
TeamCamaro - Moderator

abiddle

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 08:16:02 PM »
Yes! I can actually see the web links html in 69pace's quote of Don's post. I get nothing when I click the web links, but I think you nailed the issue - I'm not a member on team Chevelle so I can't see those pictures. Since they were embedded pictures in Don's post, nothing displayed - not even the web links.

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 09:13:33 PM »
Well in Don's original post they are Image Tags so the urls don't show, the system expected to display the target of the tag only the permissions prevented it it it displayed nothing. I removed the tags so folks would realize that Don had in fact posted links to his protected photos. :)
TeamCamaro - Moderator

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 09:41:43 PM »

Ok I see the issue, these pictures are in a protected album on Team Chevelle. If their showroom works the same as our over at Team Camaro, then you must be a member of Team Chevelle to see these.

Interesting, thanks for the input. Always good to learn something new every day. I've uploaded them to my regular photo hosting site which should make a difference. In the first picture notice the light reflection in the "laminated" decal, but not on the "regular" decal.  Light was off for the second picture. Hope this helps.

WEBSITE

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 12:27:29 AM »
There they are. Nice job Don.
TeamCamaro - Moderator

anything