Author Topic: Original Keys ?  (Read 1922 times)

paulmanta

• View Profile
Original Keys ?
« on: October 21, 2015, 06:00:54 PM »
Can anyone tell me what keys originally came with an early standard 67 Camaro, (Early Dec 66 Build date) please ?

I am trying to fix up the car and none of the keys do anything except the ignition key and that needs a good wiggle to make it work.

The ignition key will not fit in any other lock, the other keys don't do the ignition and don't do anything else.

I have 3 types of key, a round head, a round head with a knobble on and a sort of hex head, the hex head is the one that works in the ignition.

I cant get into the trunk via keys so I got in by removing the seat and then taking the lock out, I use a screw driver to get in now.

The glove box lock is missing totally.

I think I might buy a full set of lock but my main question is how many keys did a Camaro have and what did each key do ?   (ie: doors/trunk/glove box on one key and ignition on a different one or was it all on one key).

EDIT TO ADD:

Sorry, I forgot the actual report section on here and only looked in the forums for my answer, I have now found out from the excellent report what ought to be there.

Many thanks.

http://www.camaros.org/keysandlocks.shtml

L78 steve

• View Profile
Re: Original Keys ?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 07:32:16 PM »
The early and late keys are the same except for the head design. There are 4 blanks A,B,C and D's. So you can use the 67 design keys on a 69 and visa versa. The cut is what you are most likely having a problem with.
69 Z/28 Dover White. SOLD
67 SS/RS Mt. Green 1W,2LGSR,3SL,4K,5BY,07C. SOLD
70 Nova L78 Blk. Cherry,Sandalwood,M21,02B