Author Topic: Dealer memorabilia - what do you have?  (Read 19666 times)

LVN 67

• John 67 NOR 02E L-35/T400, 6th Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Dealer memorabilia - what do you have?
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2020, 03:59:24 PM »
 The only thing I've been able to find regarding my camaro's dealership is a matchbook from 1952. I still check e-bay regularly.

ReaperEd

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2020, 12:23:50 AM »
This is what I have:
I gave Brigance a Chance pin
Beer opener
Post Card
1968 November car craft ad
I also have a repop Brigance car emblem sticker. I just haunt Ebay

1968 Z/28 NOR 06B Original Drive Train
1973 RS Z/28 NOR 01B Supercharged Day 2
2013 ZL1 Lingenfelter
2015 Z/28

68SixBangerRS

• Camaro Project from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2020, 02:00:15 AM »
Aussie Tim...it was a real pleasure visiting Oz in the early '80s.  Great people and plenty of Emu Export and Black Swan Lager beer in Perth and Fremantle's bars...and lovely girls in the discos along Hay Street in old downtown Perth.  I got to see an impromptu car show in a Happy Jack's parking lot (the Oz version of Burger King) in Fremantle...Holden Monaros, Chrysler Valiant Chargers, and 4-door Tri-Fives that were hot rodded (no 2-doors). 

I was trying to remember how I knew Bob Wingate and I realized he was a regular at the big auto swap meet at the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena in the early '80s.  He brought cars to sell and was also looking for cars (mostly classic Chevys).  At that time there were a lot of ultra-classic Tri-Fives like Nomads and Belair convertibles (and the occasional early Vette) to be found at that swap meet for very reasonable money.  The swap meet at the LA County Fairgrounds in Pomona also attracted a lot of classic project cars, but not as interesting or nice as Pasadena's...it was not uncommon to see Packards from the '20s and '30s that had been dragged unrunning from a nearby garages to be sold in the car corral.  The most collectible Chevy part I ever saw there was a complete NOS cowl plenum air cleaner for a 1st Gen Z28 for $250.  I wish I could use a wayback machine to get some of the great deals from back them (don't we all!).