Author Topic: electrical problems 69 camaro  (Read 5238 times)

camarohd02

• View Profile
electrical problems 69 camaro
« on: September 24, 2015, 07:52:54 PM »
I have an electircal problem with my 69 SS. I installed a new battery and have no electricity anywhere in the car. When I turn on the key there is nothing and when i turn on the headlights there is nothing, like there is no battery in the car.

little_hoss

• View Profile
Re: electrical problems 69 camaro
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 08:06:57 PM »
If you had power before the battery change, make sure the battery is charged and hooked correctly. Then if that is good to go, I'd look at my ground wire and make sure it is not broken or corroded to the point where you have no contact and check your positive cable as well. But it does sound like a battery or ground issue to me because if there is no ground nothing in the car will work.
Eric
1967 Base
1969 Base 307 3spd matching #'s X44
1968 C-10 Short Fleetside Custom

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »
Did you accidentlly hook the battery up backwards? If yes, check the fusible link.

Paul

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:41:01 PM »
There needs to be a lead from the + battery cable to the junction block on the core support behind the battery. If you have an Assembly Manual it is shown in section 12 pages A10 & A11.
Learning more and more about less and less...

buenymayor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 09:11:20 AM »
More than likely the problem is at the fusible link like William mentioned.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 02:31:39 PM »
Did you accidentlly hook the battery up backwards? If yes, check the fusible link.

Paul

More than likely the problem is at the fusible link like William mentioned.

You can call me William; just don't call me late for dinner.

Paul

little_hoss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 04:54:39 AM »
Been looking at a lot of wiring diagrams and most of the ones I'm seeing are different. I do see a fusible link coming out of the horn relay feeding to the ignition switch, lighter and lights on one diagram,and if it was blown I can see the problem happening as described above. Just wondering if the wire coming from the junction block going to the horn relay was a fusible link as well. Doesn't appear that it is, just trying to gain myself some knowledge! :D Don't know the condition the car in the thread but I did have the same problem in my 1969 base car while it was my daily driver. Used to have to wiggle the battery ground cable and everything came back to life, (found it to be a bad cable). Wasn't long after this that I began tearing it down.
Eric
1967 Base
1969 Base 307 3spd matching #'s X44
1968 C-10 Short Fleetside Custom

camarohd02

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 01:37:35 PM »
Thanks for all the input. The wire from the positive terminal to the junction block on the radiator support was the problem. Replaced the wire and solved the problem. Thanks again