Author Topic: Need help 68 RS headlight assy  (Read 466 times)

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
Need help 68 RS headlight assy
« on: September 09, 2023, 04:49:47 PM »
The resto shop dragged their ass and didn't meet their timeline, so I paid my bill and took my car....back in 1993. "Gonna finish it someday" is now and I've tried mocking up the both front actuator mount brackets.The outer hole doesn't line up for either side. Not even close. Worse even semi-mocked up the actuator is too close the the lower pivot. The inner fenders are GM, fenders are GM, Lower panel is GM-all purchased and assembled in 1993. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome. If there is a way to identify an a GM inner fender, please chime in. If you have pictures of your 68 to share during assy, please do. My headlight capsules were crushed in the accident, so I'm not sure the aftermarket parts are an accurate representation when it comes to the lower pivot welded arm location. I've studied the AIM and need some help. If you've encountered any of this before, chime in, PM me and we can chat. Pictures attached of how far off the outer hole is the the 2 front bolts in. I kinda know what I have to do, but .....
Thanks in advance.

althomas55

• View Profile
Re: Need help 68 RS headlight assy
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 10:21:36 PM »
I'm assuming RS inner and outer fenders ? I had some issues with mine but too many years have dulled the memory of what I did. I know I had non RS inner fenders and had a template I needed to use for the proper holes ! Finally got all worked out but a lot of screwing around ! good luck !
68 RS clone 468/4spd

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
Re: Need help 68 RS headlight assy
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 07:51:54 PM »
I also posted this on .net and then got help with a link and a picture here.