Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

JL-8 Question

<< < (2/3) > >>

JL8Jeff:
If it originally had power disc brakes, the JL8 would not have the proportioning valve like the regular J52 would.  If it was originally drum brakes it would have a different master cylinder compared to the disc brakes.  If all the brake stuff was switched out for racing then it would be pretty tough to know for sure.  Does it have the disc brake brake pedal?

firstgenaddict:
JL8's don't have the holes(if they are there) in the upper a-arms threaded , the bolts are self tapping.

ZLP955:
Jeff, sorry I missed your question at the end of your reply when I originally read it. Yes, the car has the bright disc brake center to the brake pedal.
James, when I looked at the car the upper A-arms did have the holes on the trailing edge. Didn't take notice of them being threaded or not. Are you saying that if the holes are there, and have no thread, JL8 could still be a possibility, but if the holes have a thread, then not possible, it's a J52-equipped model?

WorkinProgress:
JL8 built cars have no holes in the upper A arm for brake hose retainer clip that is used on standard 11" front disc brakes . JL8 built cars use upper A arms that are the same as front drum brake cars.

- Warren

firstgenaddict:

--- Quote from: WorkinProgress on September 20, 2015, 04:22:32 PM ---JL8 built cars have no holes in the upper A arm for brake hose retainer clip that is used on standard 11" front disc brakes . JL8 built cars use upper A arms that are the same as front drum brake cars.

- Warren

--- End quote ---
That's what I did not know... THANKS WARREN!!!   
in this case the holes in the subframe where the brackets would have been should have no threads, because the bolt cut the threads there as well..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page