Author Topic: Tri-Power 427 fit under 69 SS hood?  (Read 2046 times)

169INDY

• View Profile
Re: Tri-Power 427 fit under 69 SS hood?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »
Always been a fan of the tri-power cars, I think I remember seeing a 1967 Deepwater Blue Nickey with a tri power at the 1985 World Of Wheels Auto-rama in the Seattle Coliseum show in fall of 85's I need to look for a instamatic pic I took and scan it and post it.
Thanks for the spotting tip on the water outlet, I always assumed all three years were the same, but it make sense cause of the alternator relocation issues with that outlet.

Go ahead and post some of those Holley links if you can

Jim
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

arocars

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2018, 02:52:22 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but it seems that a tri-power set up might fit on a big block under a stock Camaro hood.
One way to find out is to measure the height of a stock Chevy bbc intake, 4-barrel carb and aircleaner and compare that to the measured height of a stock Corvette tripower intake, carbs, and air cleaner. Both measurements would need to be taken from a similar, unmovable point on both intakes, like the holes where the intake bolts pass through. 

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2018, 12:35:09 PM »
Update on my set up. Got all the carbs sorted out and tested them on the test engine. A little tweaking and they worked really well. I have some pictures and a short video of it running on the 427 tester but I cannot get them to post. I have sent them to a fellow member if he wants to post. All information says it will fit but the true test is when I install it on my 69 SS. It is a 68 unit which is shorter than a 67 by over a inch. May get it on by next weekend. Also while checking Ebay for some choke parts I saw a plastic tote full of tripower parts with no bids. I tested the water with a number and well, I have that set up also.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition