Author Topic: Rear Seat Measurement  (Read 3556 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Rear Seat Measurement
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:16:50 PM »
Hey guys,

I have received my new houndstooth interior.  However, I have an issue with the rear seat backrest.  The original seat cover as well as a new standard cover measures at approximately 35-36 inches from the very top wire to the very bottom wire at the center where the hump would be.  My new houndstooth cover measures at 32 inches.  When it is hog ringed in place at the top, No matter how much I pull and stretch, it will NOT reach the section where it is to be crimped at the bottom.  I set it in the sun, and gained maybe an inch, but it will just not work. 

So, is it me, or the material?  What is the measurement, if anyone has it, that is proper for the back rest rear seat going from top wire to bottom wire, at the center supposed to be?

sdkar

• View Profile
Re: Rear Seat Measurement
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 02:15:32 AM »
Someone please help as I can NOT figure out what I am doing wrong here.  Is the seat frame for a standard interior different than that of a deluxe interior?  The standard cover fit perfectly fine, but the deluxe houndstooth cover will not fit no matter what I do.  It appears to be too small.  The distance from the rear seat backrest from the top to the bottom is shorter by roughly 4 or so inches.   Any ideas?  Suggestions?  What is the measurements of your seat covers?

x77-69z28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 12:26:56 PM »
The only thing I can think  is that maybe they sent you seat covers for a fold down seat?
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 12:32:43 PM »
The only thing I can think  is that maybe they sent you seat covers for a fold down seat?

x2

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 12:30:51 AM »
Nope, not a fold down seat.  Just doesn't fit for whatever reason.  I will have to add a length of material to it to get it to fit.

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 01:11:45 AM »
A picture speaks a thousand words. :)
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

anything