Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Brake Booster Valve Tag

(1/4) > >>

DDZ28:
Need a little help.

I have a 9978 original mile L78 car with a brake booster valve tag CG and I cannot find a replacement. I can only find CH & CU.

Any help locating would be great.

Thanks

firstgenaddict:
The paper on the repros is too thin.
I would take the original have a ink stamp made with CG and stamp my own.
They were on manilla or buff stock, you have the original I believe the thickness is approx .030-.035.
Uncoated Milkcarton stock would work well as it has wet strength added.

cook_dw:
Speaking of brake booster check valve tags..  I ran across this the other day and can not find what it was used on.  Anyone have any idea.

Camarocards:
Dan,

--- Quote ---I would take the original have a ink stamp made with CG and stamp my own.
--- End quote ---

X2. When it came time to replicate the stamp on my wiper motor (see pic below) I created the artwork and had a stamp made by the Stamp Connection (http://www.stamp-connection.com/). Very good people to work with and it cost $10.95 for the stamp. If you need help creating the artwork send me a PM.

James,

--- Quote ---They were on manilla or buff stock, you have the original I believe the thickness is approx .030-.035.
--- End quote ---

I dug up the tag that I purchased years and years ago and it measures .030 but the stock is much more yellow in color than what Dan has posted or what I see being offered by the repro companies. Do you know if the tag is suppose to be white or more yellowish in color?

Thanks,

Bob

DDZ28:
I have had the CG tag made by a print shop. I think it looks pretty good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page