Author Topic: 68 rs ss am fm multiplex radio  (Read 12589 times)

lilfighta

• View Profile
Re: 68 rs ss am fm multiplex radio
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2017, 06:21:25 PM »
Hi Paul do you happen to have this box that goes under console door ? Im having alot of problems getting the label
correct and centered. The box itself sits more to the driver side left. Under the door there is upper and lower plastic
lines and to the left you have the brackets and you have to center it but without the box like me i cant get measurements
correct especially where the dials come out on the outer of the console door.
Thank You Mike

lilfighta

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »
Hi made mistake to the right passenger side is the bracket that takes up space to
thx

fsc66

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 02:49:49 PM »
I have a 1966 Impala SS with console multiplex which is a slightly different unit. Mine is centered on the console door, left to right plus I have the original dealer installtion instructions with measurements. I do not have the assembly manual for a 68 Camaro but possible the measurements for the decal isstalltion are in there?

Paul

fsc66

• View Profile

lilfighta

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 03:12:13 PM »
Hi Paul the impala box should be the same since they use the same label.If you get a chance can you post the instructions
here actually the measurements. I can probably figure it out from there
thx

fsc66

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 05:46:26 PM »
Mike, I'm sure the multiplex box is the same but it mounts centered in the console door from left to right, whereas the 68 Camaro mount is off-set. Which measurement are you thinking will help you?

Paul

lilfighta

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2017, 06:24:27 PM »
Hi Paul if you look close at the picture of cover that i posted you will see 2 lines one on bottom of box and one on top built into the cover .
Then if you look at the hinge side you might be able to see the bracket. The box probably sits center of the 3
things. So if i can get  the size of the square box which would probably be around 31/2 to 4" square. Not sure though
and the distance between the top of box and side of box to center of volume control button which looks to be around 3/4".Then I probably could center the box correctly. I wish i can find old garbage one that doesnt work so i dont have to bother people and get measurement .
Thx Paul

lilfighta

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2017, 06:34:42 PM »
This is what I need

anything