Author Topic: Interesting Z on ebay  (Read 17356 times)

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
Re: Interesting Z on ebay
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »
The color combination is unique , but for me you sunstitue rally green or lemans blue and that combination would really pop with the white. Just about the only thing that differentiates a Z28 from any other model 1969 Camaro or Chevrolet is the 302 engine. To me without it's soul its just another Camaro.

Documentation is important but unfotunately cars are built/resurrected based on paperwork, case in point the RG RS/Z sold at Barrett. To me a cars value is based on it's original components. The ultimate car is an unrestored survivor because it's built by the factory, next is one that has most of its original components and sheetmetal. Some like a concours restored car that are like art work, (which I own a few), but driving an original factory assembled car is the ultimate driving experience for me.

Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

X33RS

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »
I agree Paceme, 
   My all time favorite are unrestored survivor cars that still show well enough to be certified to some degree.  I've owned a handful of them.  I have one left that fits this description.  My only issue with them anymore is that I hate to put any miles on it.   More miles hurts value, and the more "patina" you add hurts value.  So unfortunately it does a lot (too much) of sitting.   

Still enjoy those cars though if nothing else but to look at and learn from.

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2015, 11:15:54 PM »
I get it, and believe me, I have fun! I am not in it for any kind of profit. Most people who purchase these cars are not looking to make a big return on their investment. They know that it's probably not going to happen unless ya get lucky, and make a purchase well below the current market value of the car. But after purchase, shipment/delivery of vehicle, taxes, maintenance and parts searching there just may not be any room for profit. Mine is a labor of love. I enjoy it... I enjoy learning about it... and there is really no plan to sell it unless someone makes a crazy offer. And if I did sell it right now, I MAY be able to recover close to total investment. Who knows... I REALLY have always wanted an 1969 Camaro Z/28 RS Lemans Blue/White stripes with an M22, deluxe interior U34, D55/U17, P/S, JL/8. Maybe I could raise HALF the money by selling my car... ha ha   Danny

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 11:20:38 PM »
Most guys just say they want a 69 Z, you made me laugh with your very specific wish of colors and options. Makes me think you have 1 car in mind
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 02:04:18 AM »
There is nothing like driving a good survivor... they close up tight and they drive tight, few restored vehicles have all the original sound deadening & sealers not to mention the foam strips inside the gauges and the ducting.

Little details, which to most would seem inconsequential, take time to do correctly and completely and are typically not covered in resto guides, however such items make a world of difference in how a restored car feels to drive.
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

69 Zee

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 02:58:04 AM »
Don't get me wrong guys.. As I stated at the very beginning "very sharp car".  The color combo w/white top is absolutely gorgeous and classy with some muscle.

And yes to each his own.  Unfortunately the numbers bug bit me.  It's hard to shake and I'm not in it for a profit either.  Once my Z is complete I plan to drive it.  Not daily, but it will be driven.  Heck I wanna enjoy it.. I'll let the next guy restore it and trailer queen it in the year 2065 after it's found in a barn   ;)

X33RS, I totally agree in reference to your earlier statement about the money one can spend to restore one.  Luckily for me, I have the skills to do my own restoration, except for the final paint and that's only because I don't have a booth  ;D  I also have a plane jane Camaro currently sitting on a jig as I'm in the process of welding in a new upper dash, cowl panel, firewall and both shoulders.  Several times I've been asked about selling it as is.  My response is "Do you have the skills to do this and if not Do you have deep pockets" because you'll be over your head in no time.

Darrell
'69 Camaro Z/28: 03B NOR X77 Dusk Blue, white top, all orig, Under construction
'69 Firebird all original 350 all power w/ac
'70 Plymouth Superbird: One owner, Limelight green, 45K miles, all original U code