Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

PB Booster Hose Support Bracket

<< < (3/3)

ZLP955:
I bought one from Tamraz a few months ago just to see how it compared, and the bend was much closer to the location on the original brackets than the HBC, Paragon and various others. But still very easy to ID it as a repro.

69Z28-RS:

--- Quote from: Mike S on July 22, 2015, 01:20:23 PM --- IMO, that unstamped bracket may very well be an original one that either has no stamp -or- it is lightly stamped in an alternate location.
 It looks too accurate to be a reproduction.

Mike

--- End quote ---

I agree with Mike on this....   repros are never that accurate....  :)

69 Zee:
Here's the 2 brackets inside one another.   The "AAC" stamped bracket at the bottom .... Perfect fit !   :)  I also cleaned up the other with a brash brush and there's no markings anywhere.

I assume these brackets were made from a die and punch machine with the stamping incorporated.

zman1969:
I think you have another original just unstamped, good find

ZLP955:
The stamp on these brake hose brackets (where present) appears to always be in upper case letters (AAC), yet the stamp on the F&R licence plate brackets has upper case 'A's but a lower case 'c' (AAc). Anyone else noticed this? And what was the name of the manufacturing company that AAC/AAc represents?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page