Author Topic: Photo recovery if you use Photobucket and Google chrome.  (Read 2879 times)

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Photo recovery if you use Photobucket and Google chrome.
« on: December 05, 2017, 04:48:44 PM »
For any of you with problem with seeing the embedded photobucket images since they changed their policy.  There is a fix if you use Google Chrome and a similar one if you use fire fox.  Link is below:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embedded-imag/ogipgokcopooepeipngiikdkpmcpkaon

Should make all embedded images visible again, may not be necessary if you uploaded an image to the site, but if it's linked right off of photobucket it does work to make them visible again.  Don't know if you can then download them or not.  I use IE (yes I'm old) so I can't use it, but I do know it works.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Photo recovery if you use Photobucket and Google chrome.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 02:43:58 AM »
That will probably help a lot fo guys. I know Hakken from Sweden was pretty bummed all his pics from his thread had disappeared. Maybe he can recover them now.
I guess there is no fix for Safari?
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 03:44:07 AM »
Only the person viewing the pics can see them in Chrome. I've done this. You cannot re-establish pics posted in threads if you had a build thread for instance. For more info, check out the nightmares on TC or other sites. Too bad many valuable pics got lost when CRG got hacked. Those threads are now useless. At some point, P.bucket will figure out the fix Chrome provided, and block that also.

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:25:28 AM »
That will probably help a lot fo guys. I know Hakken from Sweden was pretty bummed all his pics from his thread had disappeared. Maybe he can recover them now.
I guess there is no fix for Safari?
You're spot on there!  >:(
This ransom situation cannot continue unless photobucket change their policies! It will be there death on the web...!
I, and thousands of other users, get an email each and every day for chipping in that high some of $400/year to acces of the third party pics, its crazy!

I now use fotki.com instead and so far I'm very happy with their service for like 5 % of the cost of PB!  ;D
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

Hans L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »
I complained to Photobucket last month about the change/charge for third-party hosting.  They understood my situation and granted me Third-Party hosting rights at my current yearly subscription rate (less than $40/yr).   

Hope they start to understand most are not going to pay $399/yr for Third Party Hosting. 

https://www.instagram.com/69camarorsz28/
'69 Camaro RS Z/28 Van Nuys Built
'69 Chevelle SS 396 4 Speed