Author Topic: I always wanted one of these!  (Read 3214 times)

Leon in Mn.

• View Profile
I always wanted one of these!
« on: June 10, 2015, 10:53:50 PM »
No, its NOT another car, but something kind of cool, well for me anyways!  If anyone is interested in getting the radiator drains that the "ears" point in the direction of the engine, look at the older model John Deere tractors.  I have one I'm parting out and lo and behold here is the radiator drain that everyone says to be "correct?" for my 67.  Most of the repos point in the wrong direction.  This one even has the number "94" on one ear and the "W" in an enclosed hexagon on the other, which I read somewhere to be correct..    This was on a John Deere 2640 if interested.  Opinions please?  It works for me.  For some reason it "forbids" me to post any pics of it.     Now to get the rest of that green paint off!

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: I always wanted one of these!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 05:59:57 PM »
<< the "W" in an enclosed hexagon on the other, which I read somewhere to be correct..>>

That's the logo for Weatherhead, the world's largest manufacturer of brass fittings.   :)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Leon in Mn.

• View Profile
Re: I always wanted one of these!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 07:06:03 PM »
Weatherhead.  That's interesting. I wonder how many are out there on different applications?   This is the first one I've seen like this.  All the others are turned the opposite direction.